Forum

logo Removed

Client
We went to today to do our final rating and select a winner. Some of the designs have the words "Logo removed by logo court" or something like that. It appears all of the designs by one of the designers was removed.

Any info as to why? One of the logos was up for consideration.

Staff Member
Jones for Congress
15 years ago

Logo Designer
i do not know if you can but at this link you will find "the" answer

https://logotournament.com/contests/jones_for_congress/logocourt
15 years ago

Client
It does not indicate why they were removed, it just has the removal note for each of the logos submitted by that designer.

Obviously if there was a copyright issue, I understand, but I am just curious why they would be removed?
15 years ago

Logo Designer
It was deemed that the design was too close to a previous submission - this is against the designer code of conduct, the main framework upon which this site is built ... designers try through discussion to resolve these issues, however in some cases it has to go to the vote - losing designers have their entries removed, and are prevented from entering the competition again ... this is the deterrent to prevent copying. Hope that helps.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Hughes Design said:

Tyler: If you see this, is there a way, for cases like this, that the designer who calls logo court can withdraw his claim and not his logo when things such as this come to light? I (and the other designer) feel that I was unfairly removed from this contest

it is possible to get your entries reinstated in a contest, the CH needs to PM tyler
hopefully an option for the designer who started the case to cancel it will be added at some stage
15 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
We will add a feature so designers can withdraw their case/accusation, as we have been hearing more and more about this.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
sounds good =)
easy way to patch things up for those designers who rush into LC too quickly
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Hughes Design said:
The logo court in this case was an unfortunate event--The case was brought against me while the designer who did it was not aware that I had previous entries from before he had even entered the contest that the entry in question was based off of. Through discussion with the designer who brought the case against me, he admitted he was in the wrong and expressed concern that he could not call off the logo court, and even posted in the court discussion that people should NOT vote me out.

Tyler: If you see this, is there a way, for cases like this, that the designer who calls logo court can withdraw his claim and not his logo when things such as this come to light? I (and the other designer) feel that I was unfairly removed from this contest

In the case of the CompSec contest TYLER removed all LC cases in that contest because they were frivilous and yes he can overturn them. There were MODS asking for these to be overturned as well, so I would suggest contacting TYLER directly and also get some MODS involved.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Hai all , i have question in this topic about " Logo Removed ". In the logo court, who is entitled to give their vote to the case. is that moderator , contest holder, or some one experience in designer. please give me some information about how to vote someone in the logo court's case.
thank's you ...
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Hi Yoga, designers and moderators who have at least 75 points (in ribbons and trophies) are able to vote in logo court cases. Once you have 75 points, you'll be able to vote too.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Tyler said:
We will add a feature so designers can withdraw their case/accusation, as we have been hearing more and more about this.

Two thumbs up!!
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231