Forum

Why at the moment there are only 6 contests?

Logo Designer
Why at the moment there are only 6 contests?
I really hope nothing is wrong with LT...
19 days ago

Logo Designer
a summer thing?
19 days ago

Logo Designer
It's because of 4th of july (Independence Day in USA) that was on Thursday and weekend after that
19 days ago

Logo Designer
Maybe the clients thought the designers were on holiday
19 days ago

Logo Designer
Valid points everyone :-) I got worried for a minute!
18 days ago

Logo Designer
Dzains said:
Valid points everyone :-) I got worried for a minute!

what you are worried about?
18 days ago

Logo Designer
Well... difficult times ahead... less clients...
This is the most serious and fair design contest page. I wouldn't want to see it shut down.
18 days ago

Logo Designer
Yes, 4th July + weekend thing. It'll pick up soon.

But interesting thing,...I've just done some comparing to other platforms,...there was also a drop in contest number, but not as severe as here. It would probably be a smart thing to pump up the social media marketing (Facebook, IG...) for LT,...maybe do a sequencial/progressive advertising campaign to stay on top of the competition. LT has a good reputation out there, and these days there are A LOT of easy accessable/cheap ways and advertising tools to make this place florish with new clients. Just a suggestion from marketing point of view.
18 days ago

Logo Designer
Dzains said:
This is the most serious and fair design contest page. I wouldn't want to see it shut down.

Yes, difficult times,...people are loosing their jobs, inflation is growing,...BUT, this makes people think about starting their own thing, open a business, be their own boss, so they need branding and everything that goes with it. And crowdsourcing platforms like this one are the price/quality middle ground, between amateur "do it yourself" AI, Canva, etc options, and marketing agency, pro, expensive and often overpriced option.
Do not panic,...logo design will be here for as long as there is human activity in production, creating a new value, providing services of any kind. This platform just needs serious approach to reaching its target clientele.
18 days ago

Logo Designer
There are so many issues that effect demand for this type platform - but it is still valid and good and much potential in new markets - example: There are new trends in weddings - they should target that industry for individual wedding logos. Event logos also
Canva and similar AI platforms do make a dent in demand - but the personal and individual approach of this type crowdsourcing still has many advantages in quality and service.
The economy is not so bad overall but yes in some areas it changes things in ways we need to learn to adapt to. good suggestions appreciated.
18 days ago

Logo Designer
BigBaldBeardo said:
Dzains said:

Agree! I no longer participate on Crowdspring and I’m still owed money from last year’s contests. : /
I value Logo Tournament so much.

Yes, difficult times,...people are loosing their jobs, inflation is growing,...BUT, this makes people think about starting their own thing, open a business, be their own boss, so they need branding and everything that goes with it. And crowdsourcing platforms like this one are the price/quality middle ground, between amateur "do it yourself" AI, Canva, etc options, and marketing agency, pro, expensive and often overpriced option.
Do not panic,...logo design will be here for as long as there is human activity in production, creating a new value, providing services of any kind. This platform just needs serious approach to reaching its target clientele.
18 days ago

LogoTournament Staff
Our worst sales period is around the 4th of July and Christmas. Last week was much more bigger drop than I would expect. While summer is typically slower, I do expect an improvement in the contest numbers.

On one hand: it is definitely a challenging sales environment for LT, no question. On the other hand: we have a very talented design community, solid interface and user experience, excellent customer service (Thanks Laura), and very happy customers. We just need more of them.

I am working on multiple marketing projects this quarter, there is lots of opportunity there for LT to improve. It is my primary focus.
18 days ago

Logo Designer
@janisart

You're right to have abandoned that platform,...it'll save you both time and nerves.
18 days ago

Logo Designer
Tyler said:
Our worst sales period is around the 4th of July and Christmas. Last week was much more bigger drop than I would expect. While summer is typically slower, I do expect an improvement in the contest numbers.

On one hand: it is definitely a challenging sales environment for LT, no question. On the other hand: we have a very talented design community, solid interface and user experience, excellent customer service (Thanks Laura), and very happy customers. We just need more of them.

I am working on multiple marketing projects this quarter, there is lots of opportunity there for LT to improve. It is my primary focus.

Tyler, all good news and moves on your part. Just focus on atracting more clients, and we'll do the rest as always. There's a huge unexploited potential here. Keep it up.
18 days ago

Logo Designer
Thank you Tyler for explaining and working hard for the community 🙂
Thanks everyone for participating in this discussion!
18 days ago

LogoTournament Staff
And a morning later it's at 17. Not to say everything is fixed all of a sudden-- it's definitely not, it's just that there can be significant fluctuations. Back to work on the marketing for me.

Update: 31
17 days ago

Logo Designer
This is a normal period for freelance workers) I have already adapted. Every year it is the same, long holidays starting from mid-June.

There are 2 most difficult periods for me in the year, it is Christmas and June holidays.

So I found a solution for myself, I work almost without days off in April and May, so that in June I feel comfortable financially and even take a vacation while my clients are resting. Or I send letters to my clients with a request for new work on old projects.
Last year I was definitely not ready for this period and it became very difficult for me.
16 days ago

Logo Designer
twonzone said:
This is a normal period for freelance workers) I have already adapted. Every year it is the same, long holidays starting from mid-June.

There are 2 most difficult periods for me in the year, it is Christmas and June holidays.

So I found a solution for myself, I work almost without days off in April and May, so that in June I feel comfortable financially and even take a vacation while my clients are resting. Or I send letters to my clients with a request for new work on old projects.
Last year I was definitely not ready for this period and it became very difficult for me.

+ (maybe) Eurocup, Copa America, and Paris Olympic. great worldwide sport entertainment
16 days ago

JSN
Logo Designer
Now we are back to normal~
14 days ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231