Forum

Any Guidelines as to publishing LT submissions on my own portfolio website?

Logo Designer
So I am building my own portfolio website and would like to include some of the work I submitted here.
Technically, anything that hasn't won & been paid for should still be my property, tricky part is, the company names aren't mine...
My designer page here shows all but the private contest submissions - so I am thinking it would be ok to publish those with a mention & link to LT.
With the private contests I am not sure - technically there was no confidentiality agreement or anything, but it is implied...

Should I contact each CH - I mean if everybody did, they'd get hundreds of emails pertaining to designs they probably don't even remember... But it seems to me that'd be the proper way to go...

What are your thoughts on this? (Asking designers and contest holders alike)
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I Would also like a bit of info on this subject.

Can Anyone help?
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Excellent topic, would like to have a bit of information too
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Any Info on this?
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Well We are the copyright owners of the design...In the USA at least...only the winning ones are transferred to the CH. By law as the copyright holder we can display at our leisure, I would assume??? Winning submisssions may require permission, but I display all logos that I have sold in my private design work on my personal website.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I quote the legal contract when you win:

3. Transfer of Ownership The designer/vendor, upon purchase, thereby irrevocably transfers all rights, ownership, intellectual property interest and legal title of the Logo to the buyer. The designer/vendor will not use the design of the Logo in any further or derivative work (except for display as an example of the designer's work for portfolio purposes except as indicated herein) nor offer to resell the Logo to anyone else as the buyer obtains sole and exclusive ownership to the Logo via the purchase: it cannot be resold. If the contest was "Private" (an upgraded feature where only registered designers can view or participate in the logo contest), the designer/vendor must seek either written or email permission from the client to display the winning logo in the designer's portfolio.

I think that if you sell a logo in a Logo Contest you can show it, but if the contest was a private one then you have to ask the CH for permission.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Or you can simply alter the name of the company to a non-existent one
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Yeah, but Illumina, in many cases the name of the company is integral to the design. I display logos that I have sold in my portfolio, and there's nothing wrong or illegal with that according to the text above.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
if theyre holding a private contest its wrong to display it on your portfolio. The only 2 options are to ask each contest holder for permission, or change the company name in the logo.
15 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231