Forum

Work Productively

Logo Designer
Hi all,

I would like to know, what do you guys usually do in order to work productively?
Is there any particular place you visit where you want to work? Such as coffee shop, countryside, etc. apart from offices.

I'm curious what are the ideal conditions for freelancers to work.

It would be great to hear some opinions.

Cheers.
5 years ago

Logo Designer
Home+headphones works for me:) ...I live in town but ideally it would be countryside
5 years ago

Logo Designer
me ....

think my wife and child,
i need to feed them
5 years ago

Logo Designer
I work from home, which I really like.
When I feel creatively drained I meditate or go out with my friends, it depends on my mood.
5 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
For me:
- Less clutter around workstation is better (not always happen for me).
- "Zone out" music sometimes to help mind leave where I am.
- Don't allow destractions from outside source if possible - be at work and focus.
- Know what you are good at for design - focus on what you are good at - don't waste time on what you are not good at.
- Design only in solid colors and use Pantone.
- Good lighting that makes you feel good and does not hurt eyes - I hate fluorescent white light - distracting and irritating... I use incandescent around me.
- If I can't come up with a good idea within a few minutes, move on and maybe an idea will come to you.
5 years ago

Logo Designer
Ivan F said:
For me:
- Less clutter around workstation is better (not always happen for me).
- "Zone out" music sometimes to help mind leave where I am.
- Don't allow destractions from outside source if possible - be at work and focus.
- Know what you are good at for design - focus on what you are good at - don't waste time on what you are not good at.
- Design only in solid colors and use Pantone.
- Good lighting that makes you feel good and does not hurt eyes - I hate fluorescent white light - distracting and irritating... I use incandescent around me.
- If I can't come up with a good idea within a few minutes, move on and maybe an idea will come to you.

this is true and great!
5 years ago

Logo Designer
said:

Right said IVAN
5 years ago

Logo Designer
Ivan F said:
For me:

i close my FB when designing,
5 years ago

Logo Designer
good tips - when I need inspiration I go for a walk with my camera in hand - or to a museum or anywhere with nice things. AND once a week or so I try some new technique with Illustrator - watch one of their tutorials or just play with tools I don't typically use - sometimes you find a whole new way to design!
5 years ago

Logo Designer
Thanks for all opinions so far.
Please feel free to share more thoughts.
5 years ago

Logo Designer
do not drink or smoke too much, I am much more productive when I am not high and when I sleep well.
I only party when I get good results, and celebrate only after long and hard work.

also dividing big tasks into smaller tasks helps me manage my time in a better way, I can work for different projects everyday this way.

having the dog around makes me more productive as well.

In general also a good pay makes me more motivated and as a result more productive.

on the other hand most of the times for creative jobs this is how it goes
https://www.designershumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/designershumor_43353631_2197060887219811_2173941733170085888_n-768x768.jpg
5 years ago

Logo Designer
Agree with Mimmo. I lost my concentration due to heavy drinking. Now I am unable to concentrate as before.

But i don't think smoking is bad, it depends person to person.

My workplace is full of disturbance, difficult to work. Big family has its disadvantages you know.

Though I went for tracking hill side, long drive and eating in different road side restaurant are my favorite activities to get relax.
5 years ago

Logo Designer
Do you guys prefer to work at coffee shops?
A lot of people do that and I wonder why.
5 years ago

Logo Designer
Artur said:
Do you guys prefer to work at coffee shops?
A lot of people do that and I wonder why.

free internet :) and lots of cheap coffee :)
5 years ago

Logo Designer
coffee shops can be distracting
some cafes are used as networking areas and can be annoying
i luv solace luckily i live in a quiet street
but to me most importantly you have to be in a good state of mind
and design one logo per docu not diff logos on same docu
5 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
HerDish said:
Ivan F said:
For me:

i close my FB when designing,

SM is such a time drain. :)

Coffee shops...yeah free internet - but careful of hackers on open networks - I understand it is fairly easy for them to catch login keys on such open networks.
5 years ago

Logo Designer
LogoPubg said:
Agree with Mimmo. I lost my concentration due to heavy drinking. Now I am unable to concentrate as before.

But i don't think smoking is bad, it depends person to person.

My workplace is full of disturbance, difficult to work. Big family has its disadvantages you know.

Though I went for tracking hill side, long drive and eating in different road side restaurant are my favorite activities to get relax.

i can relate to that mate... except the drinking part. no drinking,no smoking for me.

music, gardening, long bike ride are my stress busters. regarding productivity.... it all depends on our state of mind. we got to keep our mind in perfect condition in one way or another.
thank you all guys for sharing.
5 years ago

bpn
Logo Designer
I just going around with my old scooter till got some fresh air :)
5 years ago

Logo Designer
anOra said:
I just going around with my old scooter till got some fresh air :)

agree :)
5 years ago

Logo Designer
Have discipline and stay focused.
-Set up your area that you are most comfortable with fewest interruptions (sometimes that is hard).
-I need a lot of change and need to change to different projects to get a different perspective when I return.
-No clutter
-I work in my chair, feet up, or at a table in my small apartment.
-Stare out at the treetops and sky for inspiration. : )
-Remember to take breaks for health and eye health. when real busy it is easy to neglect this.
-A desk doesn't work for me.
-I drink coffee and tea, but definitely don't like coffee shops, too noisy with too many people.
-I need no noise, total quiet.
-I work all day long off and on and work in the evening if there is something with a deadline. Late is quiet time and no interruptions.
Everyone is different and we chose by our learning styles.
-If you need a lot of noise, play music in the background. You can use earphones.
-If you need quiet and it is hard to find, use earplugs : )

: )
5 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231