Forum

Need help in illustrator

Logo Designer
Thanks Night Owl for clarifying what I want to achieve.

From private message:

"Is this what you want to accomplish?
Point A and B. From A to B is a straight line. From B on, you want a perfect curve. To get this you want to be able to pull the "handle" extension in a line that perfectly constrains or extends to the straight (A to B) line portion."
4 years ago

Logo Designer
You can't achieve this with standard tools (plugins could help, Astute Plugins. Pricey though). NightOwl explained it perfectly. Also the desired perfect curve could be achieved by adding an extra point after B and play with live corners (don't remember if they are in CS6).
4 years ago

Logo Designer
I prefer not to use plug-ins because I'm learning to use illustrator so that I can teach my daughter how to use it in future, in case she got a job as graphic designer (she is taking art). I don't think every graphic firm is using that plug-ins.
And yes rounded corner effect is the way to go...Can have more control at the corner using that method. Thanks Eximius :)
4 years ago

Logo Designer
I'm not sure if CS6 had live corners. Live corners has an issue that it will give you a perfect curve from one tangent to another but you have to figure out (or guess) where the anchor along the straight line will fall. The wider the curve the further back the nodes will move and thus reducing the length of the straight portion. (LOL - if anyone can't visualize or know what we're talking about will think this discussion just got bizarre.). Also, if you want a nice varying curve (like a Fibonacci spiral), that will be very difficult to do with "live corners".

For this reason VectorScribe and InkScribe plug-ins by Astute Graphics were created (Eximius is also right, they are pricey).

Best bet is to eyeball it for now. If it looks good to you, then it probably looks "awesome" to the client. :D
4 years ago

Logo Designer
There is no live corner in CS6...I just use effect>stylized>round corners like this tutorial.

https://iconlogic.blogs.com/weblog/2013/04/adobe-illustrator-cs6-rounding-one-or-two-corners.html

...and I successfully created a nice NIKE swoosh just now which I'm satisfied with. ( actually I watched several tutorials on how to create NIKE swoosh yesterday at youtube and none of them satisfied me...hehehe)

I applied rounded corner effect to the middle anchor point and then manually modified the curve using eyeball (without touching the middle anchor point again)

Thanks guys :)
4 years ago

Logo Designer
Found a free script called "Round Any Corner" which works just nice in CS6...
https://design.tutsplus.com/articles/20-free-and-useful-adobe-illustrator-scripts--vector-3849
It rounds selected corner...any type of corner

Thanks again for the guidance guys
4 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231