Forum

Illustrator Users

Logo Designer
Hey guy can you help me figuring out how to change color in illustrator? when i change the color for example. the color i will choose is 94C840 then i save it in that color..but when i open the files the color change itself to 94C841? it's really frustrating.,..hope someone can help me...

TIA and have a great day
4 years ago

Logo Designer
I tested your scenario, I created a new RGB document, added a rectangle and pasted #94C840 in color picker. I saved the document - reopened, and it stays #94C840. So I don't see any problem here.
4 years ago

Logo Designer
That is happen when you use RGB color on CMYK Document Color Mode. Hope this help.
4 years ago

Logo Designer
actually i created the design in corel..the exported it as eps and open in illustrator then save it as ai...
4 years ago

Logo Designer
boyingdesign said:
actually i created the design in corel..the exported it as eps and open in illustrator then save it as ai...

It doesn't matter where you created your file, what matters is the color mode you are using. You provided a hexadecimal value of the color, so I assumed you're working within RGB color space. If you're working in CMYK, and you don't understand why your hex value has changed, that means you've been designing logos since 2014 without the basic knowledge. I encourage you to read and understand this:

https://negliadesign.com/ask-a-designer/whats-the-difference-between-pms-cmyk-rgb-and-hex/
4 years ago

Logo Designer
i think that
itDiffers said:
boyingdesign said:

thanks for this...yep i have a little knowledge regarding in color mode....this will help me a lot to understand the colors..thanks bro

It doesn't matter where you created your file, what matters is the color mode you are using. You provided a hexadecimal value of the color, so I assumed you're working within RGB color space. If you're working in CMYK, and you don't understand why your hex value has changed, that means you've been designing logos since 2014 without the basic knowledge. I encourage you to read and understand this:

https://negliadesign.com/ask-a-designer/whats-the-difference-between-pms-cmyk-rgb-and-hex/
4 years ago

Logo Designer
Export to pdf from corel then open in illustrator, choose RGB if you're asked the color mode when opening the file.
Note that your document in illustrator is RGB mode when you do so...depending on the color you use ( out of gamut or not ) it probably not viewing actual printing color.
4 years ago

Logo Designer
problem solve...i created new files and change the cmyk to rgb mode and the color is not changing...thank you guys....
4 years ago

Logo Designer
Hi boyingdesign

It is possible that it is the version or CC year. It seems I had the same problem in the past. I have one computer that has CC2014 and that is the one where this happens. I'll check my other version CC2108 and see if it does it too.
Anyone else have the CC versions that this happens?
I sure wish I could have kept my old AI version.

What version do you use?
4 years ago

Logo Designer
Yes both the 2014 and the 2018 changes the %s.
What is AI thinking? We use CMYK more than RGB. Every time they upgrade their software we need to relearn something new rather than improving our methods.
4 years ago

Logo Designer
Tere said:
Yes both the 2014 and the 2018 changes the %s.
What is AI thinking? We use CMYK more than RGB. Every time they upgrade their software we need to relearn something new rather than improving our methods.

+1
4 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us