Forum

Some LT Feedback + Thoughts!

i wanted to share a cpl of ideas from a CH point of view ...

Inform CH want Designers want ...
* When a CH signs up - we have to go through a series of q's and submit a brief to the designers about what we want .... there needs to be something telling the CH what the designers want also! maybe a quik 60sec video tutorial that all CH holders are made to watch before they start their competition - that informs CH what is important from the designers point of view (e.g regular rankings, feedback etc), ive had to work this out by trial and error and i still dont know that i got it right!

Logo Court
* CH should be involved in logocourt and not just told about it after a decision is made (and offending logos removed). I dont think CH should be given voting rights but i think they should be better informed. This is an issue because if the offending designer is found guilty, then all their logos are removed (not just the offending ones). In my logocourt, I was working with one designer on other concepts from the very beginning that were all deleted just because one of them was taken and on a revision found to be infringing; althou i agreed with the verdict - at the time i felt like i was the loser because i lost other concepts that weren't infringing (that i very much liked at the time - pls note thou - that now 4days later this is zero issue!)... maybe this can be changed by keeping up the logos concepts for 24hrs before deleting them all ...

Giving back to the designers
* I know (or guess think) a lot of this site is about friendly competition, being the best designer and producing a design that wins should be gratifying enough ;) but i still think its unfair that only one concept gets $ for the winning concept - ive tried to think of a another way that a broader range of designers could be rewarded (maybe % of LT profits to be distributed to the top 50 or top 100 designers quarterlly), but im not sure that would work and maybe its not fair to the owner of LT, I havent come up with the solution unfort + am still thinking about this ...,

Educating CH
* A 3min video tutorial on the simple graphic deisgner speak would be useful ... e.g i was saying normal colours, which i later found out in designer speak its 'block colours' ... most CH will have zero graphic design experience, so something available that is optional to watch would be welcome.

Black/White Function
* Having a button that you can click on the side that will take a coloured design and make it black and white -i dont know how many other CH ask for black on white or if it would be too expensive to do, but for my purposes it was important ...

anyway - abv just some random ideas for improvements (im not expecting replies - i have got so much more then a awesome logo out of this process, so just trying to give back to LT to even up the karma equation!) - tks again to all the designers that worked on my concept - special shout out to husk, paull, ysonmez + soll :)
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Hey skinengineer, thanks for your post, there's some really good ideas in there that make a lot of sense. I especially like the Black/White function - i have no idea how this could be implemented, but think it would come in REALLY handy for all the CH's who may not have thought of that implication.
Thanks for the giving back to LT, and congratulations on your contest - there's some nice designs there for you to choose from - a sign of a well run Contest!
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Black/White function Is A great idea!.

Andy
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Andy Shaw said:
Black/White function Is A great idea!.

Andy

Great idea, but not practical unfortunately - most of the logos designed here will not simply translate into a black/white/grey combination ...

It is part of the deal however that the CH can request a black and white version - and there is no reason why they cannot ask any designer to upload another version in one colour.... so yes, it would be nice, but its not actually possible!
15 years ago

Logo Designer
all good point except for CH voting. you stated that CH's do not have the expertise...so voting would be out of the question.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
you cant change logos with web code from full colour to black and white. Maybe to greyscale, but definitely not to black and white.
I've often found it frustrating that I have to upload several canvases to show a logo in full color, flat color, 2 color and then finally black and white. I do think designers should be allowed to show the logo in a one color/black and white version (small and unobtrusive and in the corner of course), on the same canvas.
15 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231