Forum

Ideas for increasing contest participation

Client
I am in the last days of my Bluebonnet Landscape Creations logo contest and I wanted to discuss ways future contest holders can increase the quality of participation in their contests. I'm thinking alot of CH's fill out the basic information, then begin the contest hoping the best, most creative designers will participate in their contest. I understand that designers are notified by email when a new contest begins and can see the new contest posted if they do not recieve an email. I have also seen contest holders post a new forum listing, advertising their contests. Some things I have done to increase quality of participation (forgive me if I am obvious man) are: 1) Review designer portfolios sending private messages asking them to join your contest. 2) Review designer portfolios, select specific logos that already appeal to you, and ask if they would enter your contest, modifying the logos to meet your logo objectives. 3) Review ongoing contests, selecting logos that appeal to you, then contacting that designer to see if they can modify the logo and participate in your contest. The designer's current work load and his preferences on what type of logos he likes to work on will ultimately determine which contests he enters, but it would be helpful to Contest holders to specifically publish the best ways to boost quality participation. What other ways would you suggest to increase participation? By the way, I have been extremely pleased by the quality and creativity of the designs I have seen and also by how responsive and nice the designers are! This is a really cool way to witness an interactive creative process!!
15 years ago

Logo Designer
the above three are all great,
i can think of two more:

CH participation. if a CH gives good feedback and ranks lots of designs we will often tell each other about it. We look for good CH's just the same as you look for good designers.

More prize money.
Personally i don't take notice of the prize monye unless it it around 600+. when you get to around 750 prize money the contest entry numbers really start to go up (depending on what the CH is after)
lets face it, $1000 is not a large amount of money to pay even for a small start up business. If you spend good money you are more likely to get more designers in and a better result. Having a good logo will increase your sales, the logo will pay for itself ten times over and then some.
Big companies literally pay millions for logos because they understand how vitally important they are for constructing a brand.
Buying a logo on LT is just like anything else in life, you get what you pay for.
15 years ago

JR2
Logo Designer
Nike paid a small money for their logo in the beginning, but when grew up- paid a huge check to the designer as a thank for the perfect job done , but in 600+ $ contest the beginners are less, and the pros are much more :)
15 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231