Forum

LT needs an update!

Logo Designer
This update refers to this post:
https://logotournament.com/forum/designer-resolutions/24788

that shows an big error in my opinion as it means that you can search thru comments and find a comment that gives you a reason to react...

-like font styles? (fonts are a major part of a design) - if a ch ask for you to change the font to a calligraphic style - you should ask him if there is a submitted design????

- colors / objects/ styles/ placement/ etc.....

my initial suggestions was to make comments hidden on blind phase, and open on top 5 phase - that way you can take action while the contest it's still open against CH or designer

but...after you think of the full problem...things i think it's kind of messy, it's font's, styles, placement, etc....

i think the blind phase it's causing it.... if you can't ask the CH to be careful on copyrights designers will for sure be careful
7 years ago

Logo Designer
But opening a comment will be a messy too...others will follow the superior designer and try to hide it in camouflage design element design. And i think we will see many logocourt..like the old years.
7 years ago

Logo Designer
rem-brand said:
But opening a comment will be a messy too...others will follow the superior designer and try to hide it in camouflage design element design. And i think we will see many logocourt..like the old years.

Why? I don't get it.

We can already see first ranked designer entries. We know we can not copy him. If we do we risk LC. Reading his comments changes nothing in this aspect. When it comes to copying - comments are irrelevant because we can see the entries.
7 years ago

Logo Designer
to sculptor:
like when CH ask 1st from ranked designer - add figure inside letter O.
2nd designer can read it and will submit design with figure inside O. 1st ranked design will read and want do the same thing in 2nd day. But theres something similar submitted! Now what? 2nd ranked designer will open LC cause it wasnt in brief and CH didnt tell it to him/her and he/she submitted this concept 1st.
Blind entries, comments are the best solution like it is now.
7 years ago

Logo Designer
denzu said:
to sculptor:
2nd designer can read it and will submit design with figure inside O. 1st ranked design will read and want do the same thing in 2nd day. But theres something similar submitted! Now what? 2nd ranked designer will open LC cause it wasnt in brief and CH didnt tell it to him/her and he/she submitted this concept 1st.

Exactly what happened....that's why my point is that it will cause more trouble than the open contest. At lest on open contest the designer can check other entry's before he submit a design....
7 years ago

Logo Designer
It happen in blind phase with a comment to add an element from the brief into another element
7 years ago

Logo Designer
denzu said:
to sculptor:

Good example. And I was prepared for this. If I get a comment from CH to do something I will never start LC when other designer does the same. Because I know it came from CH.

We have to be honest and separate CH ideas from ours. Now comments are invisible so we can LC someone because he followed the same tip from CH as we but did it later. This is not fair for our colleague and for CH.

If comments are visible we can tell what belongs to CH and what belongs to us. In situation you described all designers could "add figure inside letter O". No problem. This comment would be as a part of the updated brief.
7 years ago

Logo Designer
LT does not need to go back to the past. Only copycats need to see other entries and/or comments.
7 years ago

Logo Designer
denzu said:
LT does not need to go back to the past. Only copycats need to see other entries and/or comments.

You didn't get me. I love blind phase as it is. I just want open phase with open comments.
7 years ago

Logo Designer
denzu said:

If in blind phase u receive a comment to do something and after contest ends you realize that the CH comment was inspired by other entry? That's the isue...so yes open comments at least for the top 5 phase not after the contest is ended...when the only imputable person is the designer that followed the comment
7 years ago

Logo Designer
I believe it will impact the LC rate. It will goes up. Especially for the newbie, they'll do it automatically. The problem..is sometime designers would not be invested so much time by following the case in LC like reading all the private comment pages. And sometime they push vote button without further understanding the case.

So maybe if this open comment is accepted in LT, we need the special LC title for this. Like : "Stealing feedback from the Private Comment". So everyone that has pointed for the Jury Duty.....they will be at once understanding what is the case about.
7 years ago

Logo Designer
....maybe Ivan, can invite some clients that are using LT for some times for this discussion as we love to hear the other side also...they might have some ideas too, as it's in their benefit to prevent copyright issues that this precedent might cause.... if not already created before, as I never check comments, and I guess much don't check comments at the end of the contest.

rendraG

"Imagine the following:

• The CH wants a monkey in their logo.

• Designer A submits a monkey.

• Designer B submits a monkey wearing a sombrero.

• The CH loves Designer A's monkey, but not Designer B's.

• The CH posts a comment on Designer A's contest page asking them to add a sombrero."

assuming that both monkey's look similar because of the brief like ...I want a money with a glass of vine, designer B will sell his sombrero monkey at a later stage, and it will cause copyright issues, as the designs will be similar

Great example rendraG!
7 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231