Forum

Parkcat refunded?

Logo Designer
I'm new here....can somebody explain why the Parkcat contest with 150 designs was refunded?
7 years ago

Logo Designer
There can be a refund anytime, period. CH was odd, had me ranked first for the first 2 days then bam, not interested, i thought then he was dodgy, hence no more uploads from me :)
7 years ago

Logo Designer
@raymer ...at least you got some sort of attention from him... i got jack squat .
7 years ago

Logo Designer
..painful sometimes aint it :/
7 years ago

Logo Designer
Ivan posted the CH seemes suspicous. most likely a credit crd scam and CPT. CPT stand for Copy Paste Trace. get alogo desing with out ever paying for it and it happens and it did to me a while ago, but got resolved the guy was pretty fair about it as well. Others are not so lucky.
7 years ago

Logo Designer
Scott said:
Ivan posted the CH seemes suspicous. most likely a credit crd scam and CPT. CPT stand for Copy Paste Trace. get alogo desing with out ever paying for it and it happens and it did to me a while ago, but got resolved the guy was pretty fair about it as well. Others are not so lucky.

In other words:
1. If it was stolen credit card scam no legit winner would get the prize anyway. CH would try to nominate his alter ego designer.
2. If contest was a hoax to get free designs it would be refunded anyway later on after even more work done by us.

Unfortunately LT doesn't have many tools to check CH credibility. Saying that, I didn't take part in this contest only because of Ivan warning. We can also try to asses every contest by ourselves and rise red flags if we have suppositions.
7 years ago

Logo Designer
sculptor said:
Scott said:

In other words:
1. If it was stolen credit card scam no legit winner would get the prize anyway. CH would try to nominate his alter ego designer.
2. If contest was a hoax to get free designs it would be refunded anyway later on after even more work done by us.

Unfortunately LT doesn't have many tools to check CH credibility. Saying that, I didn't take part in this contest only because of Ivan warning. We can also try to asses every contest by ourselves and rise red flags if we have suppositions.

awesome repeat what I said...
7 years ago

Logo Designer
Yep, but only you made it with style.
7 years ago

Logo Designer
Bummer that was a cute contest
7 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
Hi All,

Yes we suspect fraud. We try to pause such contests as soon as possible without disrupting things too much. Sorry so many of you jumped in before the decision was made to halt the contest.
7 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
sculptor said:

We employ numerous tools to check CH credibility, but it's never 100%. Luckily we have caught pretty much all of the recent fraud attempts, so it's not worthwhile for the crooks.
7 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
Additionally, the contest is usually flagged internally for review - we are always on the safer side. But not all contests are paused immediately for various reasons.
7 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231