Forum

Use of States in designs

Client
I understand you cannot use any clipart or stock images. But can you incorporate the shape of a state in your work? If so would it have to be kind of a free hand sketch?
15 years ago

Logo Designer
jlehmbeck said:
If so would it have to be kind of a free hand sketch?

correct.

personally i think your much better of not using shapes of states as its not very original, looks tacky and limits the business to that state preventing further growth and expansion.

just my opinion =)
15 years ago

Client
Bugy,

Thanks for the thoughts. My needs are for a NYS education association conference. And am also considering a logo change for our association in general, which is very old ( you can see it in my avatar)I want show strength in teacher across the state of NY. I will be putting a contest together shortly. Thanks again
15 years ago

Logo Designer
no problems,
just to further elaborate:
the whole reason for having a logo is to have something *UNIQUE* so that people can recognize your business / organization / whatever it may be, at a glance and develop a familiarity towards it. Shapes of states are already existing shapes and therefore people will (subconsciously) relate the logo to the state rather than the business that its supposed to represent.

there are far worse things you can use in logos (don't even get me started on speech bubbles) but yea, in my opinion unique and original is usually best when it comes to logos =)
15 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231