Forum

"Poof" and it's gone...

Logo Designer
What happened with the first Poof Apparel contest? It was in the Finalist phase this morning, and now it's gone. Replaced by another Poof Apparel contest, that's in blind with zero entries.

Just curious. :)
7 years ago

Logo Designer
7 years ago

Logo Designer
7 years ago

Logo Designer
Thanks! Yes, and apparently the first one didn't disappear. I was wrong. I missed it in the live portfolio.

But why two contests with the same name, but different CHs, both "junior" styles with just barely a little different age range? The second contest almost seems like a brief update of the first contest.

Just seems a bit odd to me.
7 years ago

Logo Designer
..big difference in prize though ?? :/
7 years ago

Logo Designer
...and they both uploaded the same image as an example :/ d..o..d..g..y
7 years ago

Logo Designer
raymer said:
...and they both uploaded the same image as an example :/ d..o..d..g..y

Agree!
7 years ago

Logo Designer
my guess is i think they didn't get the logo they want in the first one and that's why they've added more price, and i guess they will abandon the first contest..
7 years ago

Logo Designer
I talked with the contest holder and she said there will be 2 prizes. She posted a comment:
Hi To All the Designers-
This is my first time using LogoTournament and was not aware that multiple contests were an issue with (2) contests at the same time. I would assume that an artist would want to win both prizes and work towards both. I am a designer merchandiser and know that there are times i need to sell the same t-shirt to different retailers so I need to reinvent the t-shirt so I can still make the sale.
In addition, the second contest was initiated by one of my coworkers that had a different vision than I did. It is a separate contest and should be viewed that way. Different perspective equates to a different design thought process. I am a designer myself and can understand your possible insecurity but these contests should be treated separately. The first contest- obviously an award will be presented- the fortunate designer that wins this can also win the larger prize if they can think out of the box and ascribe to the new initiative. These contests are not connected.
I hope this helps everyone feel more secure.
Thanks for you concern- at this point there are (2) prizes in the running. Try for both but do not submit the same you had for mine.
GIna
7 years ago

Logo Designer
Thanks, Dzains! That clears it up!

Best of luck in the first one. I like your design! :)
7 years ago

Logo Designer
rapunzel said:
Thanks, Dzains! That clears it up!

Best of luck in the first one. I like your design! :)

Thanks rapunzel! Let's just hope she tells the truth :-)
7 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231