Forum

suggest graphic tablet

Logo Designer
i m planning to get a graphic tablet...there r so many brand in mkt , m totally confused...any suggestions?
8 years ago

Logo Designer
If I could, I'd get a wacom cintiq. Cheapest one is $1000.
Though you could probably find them cheaper on ebay.
8 years ago

Logo Designer
am looking for something on lower side for now.
8 years ago

Logo Designer
wat abt huion or monoprice or ugee
8 years ago

Logo Designer
there are better alternatives to the cintiq !
8 years ago

Logo Designer
glassfairy said:
wat abt huion or monoprice or ugee

these are the same tablets just package differently and you get what you pay for and the reviews are not good for these low end alternatives...but it you can get one second hand that would be the most economical route.

Dell is now selling Cintiqs and can be purchased through Dell Financing
http://pilot.search.dell.com/cintiq
8 years ago

Logo Designer
@scott
I dont think glassfairy can avail of any dell financing and in anycase there are fairly good alternatives to the over priced wacom - I just found out !

Glad that wacom cintiq has some cometititors - and the pricing of wacom products ought to fall
8 years ago

Logo Designer
I sent a PM to GF I have an intous pro small that I am not using but have not heard back
8 years ago

Logo Designer
wacom intuos 4 is perfect.

You need a lot of patience to learn to use, very patient.

Now I can do nothing without my wacom.

I recommend 100%
8 years ago

Logo Designer
i m considering taking huion h610 pro...its got lot of good reviews on amazon...anyone using it?
8 years ago

Logo Designer
There is a Bosto (same tablet different name) for sale on KIJIJI here In Halifax Nova Scotia they want 600 bucks for it...seems too steep for a second hand drawing tablet

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-ipad-tablet-accessories/city-of-halifax/bosto-tablet-monitor-cintiq-alternative/1118790075

I could check it out and how it works and get back to you with a mini review
8 years ago

Logo Designer
:)
8 years ago

Logo Designer
logostudio said:
wacom intuos 4 is perfect.

You need a lot of patience to learn to use, very patient.

Now I can do nothing without my wacom.

I recommend 100%

I've got a wacom. Haven't mastered it at all though! I just use my laptops touch pad!
8 years ago

Logo Designer
Wacom Intuos - hands down. Any of the lower rungs on the wacom product ladder and they become more difficult to use due to the hard surface (although, this can be temporarily remedied by taping paper over the surface) You don't need the newest one, though - they really don't change too much from version to version. Last I checked, you could find an older Intuos that still has a usb plug on ebay for $75.

It becomes natural if you use the pen enough. In my desk drawer, I currently have 2 mice from previous wacom tablets brand new in the plastic. I've only ever used the pen.
8 years ago

Logo Designer
Josh said:
Wacom Intuos - hands down. Any of the lower rungs on the wacom product ladder and they become more difficult to use due to the hard surface (although, this can be temporarily remedied by taping paper over the surface) You don't need the newest one, though - they really don't change too much from version to version. Last I checked, you could find an older Intuos that still has a usb plug on ebay for $75.

It becomes natural if you use the pen enough. In my desk drawer, I currently have 2 mice from previous wacom tablets brand new in the plastic. I've only ever used the pen.

Agree! Definitely Wacom Intuos. I'm still using my old 12" x 12" Intuos 2. I always use the pen. The mouse sits in a baggy in a drawer. LOL.
I think you could catch on with the pen pretty quick. Once you do, you'll never go back to the mouse. It's like drawing with a rock after using a pen. :) jmo
8 years ago

Logo Designer
glassfairy said:
i m considering taking huion h610 pro...its got lot of good reviews on amazon...anyone using it?

I have it but I am not happy with that. The pen is not sensitive and make it difficult to draw. But may be its just me.
8 years ago

Logo Designer
OMG it seems for the lower end tablets i have to draw it blindly on it and see the thing on the screen thts gonna so be damn difficult. only with cintiq the drawing or work is visible on the tablet screen m i correct?
8 years ago

Logo Designer
Yes you are correct,

drawing on a an Intous tablet takes time coordinate the hand and eye, drawing on a Cintq or knock-off like Huion where drawing is done on the screen.
8 years ago

Logo Designer
even huion the high end version alone have drawing on screen...probably best i hold back for now and buy cintiq eventually.
8 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231