Forum

Which of these 2 PCs is better for you? Thanks :)

Logo Designer
I will buy a new desktop PC, but I'm undecided.
Cual piensas que deberia escojer? And why? ...
Thanks to all

1. IMac
21.5-inch iMac with Retina 4K display
3.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz
16GB 1867MHz LPDDR3
256GB Flash Storage
Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200
Magic Mouse 2
Magic Keyboard (English) & User’s Guide
Accessory Kit

Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz Turbo 4.2Ghz, 8MB Cache -LGA1151
Mainboard Gigabyte GA-Z170X-GAMING 5 LGA1151, 4x DDR4, Extrema (Z170)
Memory Ram Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB DDR4 2x8 2133Mhz
Graphic Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 2GB GDDR5 Overclocked
Solid State Drive Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB - 550Mbps
Case Thermaltake Urban T31 - Windows
Power Supply Thermaltake SP750 - 750W Reales - 80 Plus
8 years ago

Logo Designer
2 with my eyes closed
8 years ago

Logo Designer
..easy number 2. (but i would upgrade the gfx card to a 960)
8 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
2 - more versatile.
8 years ago

Logo Designer
number 2.
8 years ago

Logo Designer
But number 2 no is MAC, just a CPU!
8 years ago

Logo Designer
Macs are overpriced and very overblown.
8 years ago

Logo Designer
Mac is better :)
i using bootcamp. and sometimes you need to use or try OSX
and in my experience, my machine (27-inch) never lagging or crash.
8 years ago

Logo Designer
i agree with ryank ... unless you are already using apple forget about it
8 years ago

Logo Designer
1 to 6 !
8 years ago

Logo Designer
ryank said:
raymer said:
..easy number 2. (but i would upgrade the gfx card to a 960)

Been looking at one myself :-)

...pretty cheap these are and i know they can handle any game/application :)
8 years ago

Logo Designer
2, no doubt. When will people stop buying MACs, Alienwares and DELLs just for the name? You can even switch the i7 for an AMD FX 8core cpu and the GPU with a ATI Radeon r290x.
8 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
I am fluent in both machines. If you do any sort of gaming I would go with number 2.

If it's purely for work -- Mac for sure. There are a lot of details that it add up to it be a much nicer experience.

Silicone valley is almost entirely dominated by Macs and for good reason -- they are too busy building the future to be messing with driver updates and incompatibilities, poor security, and bad UX issues. ( I will say Windows 10 is a great improvement though)

Most PC hardware is poorly built, even my $1300 34" monitor has junky quality compared to my precious iMac.

The problem with the Macs are the pricing though-- it's brutal what they charge for things that we know don't cost that much.

-Tyler (building PCs from scratch since the early 90s and owner of mutilple Macs)
8 years ago

Logo Designer
I bought a very similar set to your second choice a week ago and I am very satisfied, the speed of this machine is incredible!
I love products of Apple, but in Russia the prices is too high for these....2700$ for your first choice here.
8 years ago

Logo Designer
twonzone said:
I bought a very similar set to your second choice a week ago and I am very satisfied, the speed of this machine is incredible!
I love products of Apple, but in Russia the prices is too high for these....2700$ for your first choice here.

Yes twonzone, the prices are too high in our countrys, for Ecuador maybe a 3000$ my first option, the second choice around the 1700$
8 years ago

Logo Designer
Tyler said:
I am fluent in both machines. If you do any sort of gaming I would go with number 2.

If it's purely for work -- Mac for sure. There are a lot of details that it add up to it be a much nicer experience.

Silicone valley is almost entirely dominated by Macs and for good reason -- they are too busy building the future to be messing with driver updates and incompatibilities, poor security, and bad UX issues. ( I will say Windows 10 is a great improvement though)

Most PC hardware is poorly built, even my $1300 34" monitor has junky quality compared to my precious iMac.

The problem with the Macs are the pricing though-- it's brutal what they charge for things that we know don't cost that much.

-Tyler (building PCs from scratch since the early 90s and owner of mutilple Macs)

In Ecuador the prices are very high for both, but apple is too exaggerated.
Now the quality of a MAC is amazing, the best colors, few software and hardware problems.
Is a complicated choise :/
8 years ago

Logo Designer
go #2 you can up modify as you need as for graphics your video card and monitor will make the different low end TNT Panel and well might as well as just game!

You will need a IPS panel the higher end ones cost money and if you get a wide gamut display the color saturation is much better
8 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231