Forum

Need help....! How to create hi-res EPS in AI

Logo Designer
Hi guys, I need your help, I use inkscape in logo design, if I win the contest, I prepare the final files using AI, I can open the svg file of inkscape in AI directly, then just save as to AI then save as to EPS. That's all, it's simple. Today I receive an email from CH asking a high resolution EPS, because they having trouble in printing. Can someone show me the step by step of how to create hi-res eps.

Thanks in advance
Julio
8 years ago

Logo Designer
simplest way to do it is :
open AI .
open svg file or whatever vector .
create new ai document . in the menu that appears set all to high (raster) rgb (cmyk if needed)
go to first document opened select all / copy -> paste in the new document created.
make fine adjustments of colors (some documents may include rgb and cmyk elements mixed, so you'll get a warning-choose there what to do)
save new document as ...eps, ai what you actually need , and export from it raster images , which will be now larger but high res as you set it from the first time.
seems long but in fact is about 1 minute work :)
hope this can help you.

but as ryan says...eps is no hi or low res. it's vector . unless , and this i guess could be a problem, if you embedded an image inside it , which has low res...
8 years ago

Logo Designer
IF vector then it IS high res by definition... You CAN open in Photoshop and convert to a pixel based image and then save high res but that defeats the purpose of vector art.
8 years ago

Logo Designer
Thank you guys.... solved
8 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231