Forum

How do I contact an administrator?

Client
Hello for the last day there has been a conflict between designers, with one claiming the own the "head" (a dot) of a human-like image and the other claiming they own the "cross-legged legs." You can see some of the discussion in the link below. We are stuck an unable to move forward, meanwhile, the clock has been running down on our contest and we are quite frustrated. How do we extend the contest and resolve this conflict so we can pick our top 5 and move into the next phase? How do we "contact an administrator"?
https://logotournament.com/contests/community_mindfulness_project/by/keegan
9 years ago

Logo Designer
both designers need to find out what they claimed on Logocourt and it seems resolved.
you can contact administrator via https://logotournament.com/help/client
9 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
LogoTournament focuses on fair play.

The originating designer entered the concept of the "M" person at entry 14 to which you responded positively.

The making of human figures out of a letter is not an obvious idea, even though other logos in the business world may use the concept too. There are many ways to express community and we are referring to an individual contest. Not everyone else's.

The second designer made a *very* bad decision to copy that concept and now has put everyone in a bad spot.

The decision will remain with the originating designer if he wishes to accept some kind of offer to share the concept. The two designs are different but the concept remains protected under LT rules.

If designers are open to it we recommend a lopsided split in the originating designer's favor as he has been victimized by the second designer's poor decision.

See: https://logotournament.com/help/client/114
9 years ago

Logo Designer
I'm sory for this issue. I come here asap after the notification to give clarifications.

There is no conflict like the client said. My design got LC'ed and the client still want it back. I refused the request several times and tried to offer different designs. But he keep insisted me.

https://logotournament.com/contests/community_mindfulness_project/logocourt/16826

Then I contacted IM Chayadi for splitting the prize. too bad he replied more than 24 days later because his son was sick.
we didn't involve in any arguement, even we have a nice chat. agree for splitting and wishing us goodluck etc. maybe during this time the client running down of time and impatience so he posted this thread.
9 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
The designers have agreed to resolve this. We appreciate that.
9 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
40 VPs assigned by admin.

Designers need to be more careful. If this issue had resulted in a refund, Keegan would likely be banned.
9 years ago

Client
Hello all, we appreciate the importance of fair play and, as newcomers to this (amazing) site, we have done our best to Learn the process. It looks from this like you may be be punishing Keegan, which sure seems unfair from our perspective.

Keegan was the first to create an M as human design. IM Cayhadi had put a dot over the M in design #15 but it never even occurred to anyone on our committee, despite looking at it for a long time, that it was supposed to be a human. From our perspective, keegan truly introduced the concept to us and we are grateful to them for doing so and for working out an arrangement with IM Cahayadi so that we could continue this concept which is what we ultimately selected as winner. It was us in the first place who implored them to reupload that concept and we feel it is unfair to them that they are punished for this. They really did seem to act in good faith.

If we are correct and " VP"s are Punishment points, can we please appeal that Keegan not be punished in this way? To be honest, without her contribution, we would have been very satisfied with the experience here, it is thanks to Keegan that we ended up with a positive experience on logotournament.

Please let us know.
9 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
Admin will look at this case and see what might be done. However, we need to ensure that fair play is not an afterthought but is thought about before a designer enters.

Usually such problems are easily avoided by a designer simply reviewing the images available and refusing to come close to others' ideas.
9 years ago

Logo Designer
Hi all, sorry I'm late... It's a true like Keegan's says ...
Dear client, I came first with concept of "M" as the people...
You can check it in this
https://logotournament.com/contests/community_mindfulness_project/by/im_cahyadi
in entry #15....
Keegan came with that concept later. Then I take it to the LogoCourt. And after that he removed it.
A day after that Keegan send me a PM... I reply the PM almost 20 hours later because my son was sick.
Keegan offer to split the prize with me. And I reply the PM that I do agree with him, because I think client really need that design. And I think nothing wrong on this deal. Nothing conflict between Keegan and me... It's a peacefully deal.. Admin can check all of my PM to Keegan... or Keegan to me...
Thanks!
9 years ago

Logo Designer
I have already check the other design before submitting the designs. but same like what clients said. I didn't notice the dot on the M as human. even Untill now I only see it as dot above "M". the reason I withdraw it just to show some respect to my fellow designer.
9 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
The designers have agreed to resolve this between themselves. That is appreciated. Not all designers feel the same.
9 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
bump
9 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231