Forum

Payment Transaction

We're having problems finalizing the deal. We paid with a major credit card and Logotournament is telling us they haven't received payment. We can't recieve our logo because of this. Our statement shows they have the funds but they are telling us that PayPal has not released the funds. We did not go through PayPal we paid directly to Logotournament. I have been going back and forth with them on this issue and they keep blaming it on Papal. I don't understand. All we want is what we paid for. I was told that PayPal refinded our money but the bank (our bank) tells us no transaction has been made. They want to sent an invoice to my personal PayPal account to collect payment. That means I would have paid twice.

Has anyone out there experience this before?
11 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
I can guarantee no one has had the kind of difficulty this contest caused the contest holder.

To answer the question from LT's side:

Paypal is the payment platform LT uses for all transactions. It is used by many companies.

In this case, the card used for the transaction was flagged for an undisclosed reason (there are many) by Paypal. An investigation ensued by Paypal. Normally, a quick call by the credit card holder to their credit card explaining the transaction is ok and a note added to the account is helpful in resolving the matter - that seemed to have not been so in this rare case.

As per Paypal's request, we contacted the contest holder (multiple times). He graciously provided us with information we needed which we supplied to the investigation. For some reason, the investigation took much longer than anyone anticipated.

In the end the investigation led to the funds being returned to the credit card holder's card. LT loses that money so the contest is, in effect, not paid for. We have the ability to manually invoice clients should the need arise.

In the many years that LT has been hosting contests, there has never been such a prolonged investigation that caused the accompanying grief.

After this issue is resolved, we will examine how LT can avoid such problems in the future to the satisfaction of our clients.
11 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231