Forum

Earthling Designers

Logo Designer
OK, so after seeing all these posts for Indonesian designers, Canadian designers, British contest holders, etc., I've decided to start a thread that I can participate in. I didn't want to start an "American Designers" thread -- even though that's where I am from -- because it makes me think of all those damned "God Bless America" bumper stickers I see everywhere. Sorry if you have one on your car, but I'm pretty sure that if God is who they say he is, he pretty much likes the whole world, not just one country.

So anyway, all you Earthling designers get in on this thread so we can make all the aliens here feel, well, alienated. And bugy, I better not see you post anything here. We both know you're from off-planet. :)

Alright Earthlings. Here's my question: What is the most adventurous, exotic food you've ever eaten?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
take me to your leader
OMGPEWPEWSPACELAZERZ!!!!
14 years ago

JR2
Logo Designer
the most exotic food ? a CH - boiled :) no spice... :)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Rocky Mountain Oysters. And let me just say...they're NOT seafood. :)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Exotic, huh? :S
Does shish kabob count? LOL!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
how about shish tawook ? :P

i want some Dazzle Chicks, strawberry lip gloss
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Alligator(only a bite)...:) truffles(earth,not chocolate....LOVE:))

(umm looked up rocky mtn oysters, wow, youre brave;-))
14 years ago

Logo Designer
falafeel too
14 years ago

Logo Designer
^^^^yum^^
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Leatherback turtle eggs, I was 12 and didn't know they were endangered!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
:-(Lil turtlini's...;)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
yeah... rocky mountain oysters? that's pretty crazy...

@tini1 - i've had alligator too... very good!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
crocodile, buffalo, ostrich and camel
all in the one dish =)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
um...eeww.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
sif, camel is really nice.

if you want "eeww" the best i can do for you is warm kangaroo blood/grease from the carcass over a fire, now that was gross.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
813 you're getting there
14 years ago

Logo Designer
EastCoast Creative said:
813 you're getting there

1009 , i see you are trying, am closing the 2000 soon, roger that :P
14 years ago

Logo Designer
bugy said:
sif, camel is really nice.

if you want "eeww" the best i can do for you is warm kangaroo blood/grease from the carcass over a fire, now that was gross.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Alright, so I guess I never said what is the most exotic food I've ever eaten. It's definitely got to be durian, a notoriously stinky southeast Asian fruit. My husband (Dave) and I visited my brother and his wife in LA a few years ago, and Dave told my sister-in-law, who is Vietnamese, that he wanted to try it. So she took us to Little Saigon in Orange County where her mother met us at a market to help us pick out a ripe durian for $25. This was in the morning, and we drove around all day with this thing in the trunk of the car. It smells like you would imagine a pineapple might smell if it sat inside a bag of poopy diapers in the hot sun for a week.

We finally cut into the spiky fruit later that night, standing around in the kitchen passing pieces around a group of family and friends. We actually enjoyed it, in part because it's so unusual that eating it was an experience. It has a texture like mushy banana, which is a little hard to take. But the flavor wasn't anything like what I've heard described by others who've eaten it. I think we didn't find it so nasty in large part because by the time we ate it, we were so used to the smell, having lived with it the whole day.

After that trip, we caught an episode of Bizarre Food with Andrew Zimmerman. He went to Vietnam and ate some of the grossest things I've seen. But when it came time to try durian, he couldn't stomach it. Ha! Here's a video of that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75vm9ik5pjo.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Durian almost has a custard like texture people either hate it or like it. You can also put it in the freezer and it's like icecream! I've tried pufferfish but there's nothing unique about it's flavour, I guess people just eat it for the thrill.

If you want to see a gross show, there's Man vs Wild http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuB3kr3ckYE don't watch if you're easily grossed out!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Hey babo! Thanks for that. i was starting to feel hungry, but now I'm not. ;)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
i love man vs wild, that guy is awsome
14 years ago

Logo Designer
frogs testicals
14 years ago

Logo Designer
well, I ate frog legs, um, not the testicles :-O...tonite we dined on calamari(squid, my kids love the little heads, with all the tentacles) ) anchovy salad(anchovies, capers, fennel, kalamata olives, EVO), fetticine with oyster mushrooms, marscaphone cheese,,,,yummo!(umm, I didn't cook it, even better, I go to my restaurant!!!
(If anyone ever comes to HApmton roads area, VA, I'll feed you great, even if your picky;-))
14 years ago

Logo Designer
grasshopper, squirrel, cricket, you name it...
all fried with spicy chillies.

hmmmm. :P
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231