Forum

For Designers

Client
I would like to encourage all designers to read the feed back that is posted to a tournament, whether your design be the first or the last.
My tournament is now in judging phases as of minutes ago.

In the last hour to 1/2 hour several excellent submissions were made. Some however missed a space in my business name. While this may be an easily rectified oversight it may not be one acceptable to the CH.

Another item that was being address in the last hour of my tournament was the font size of LLC (a U.S. designator for company type) in my company name. Early in the tournament (ran for 14 days) I had said LLC did not need to be the same font size and consistent choices were of the LLC being smaller in font as well as requests to reduce the font.

In closing, if a lot of input has been offered by the CH take time to read it and read comments on designs. Your doing so, while paying attention to particulars, will further your chances of a winning logo!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Hi KARyan, I just wanted to let you know that even though your contest is in judging, you can still receive variations from whichever designer is ranked first. And because you can rank and rerank, you can get some finetuned work from several of your top ranked designers.

It is too bad when a designer doesn't read the brief and all the comments, and it can be difficult for you when designers enter at the last minute, not giving you time to work with them during the contest. But sometimes an idea comes at the last minute or a designer doesn't see your contest until it's almost too late.

So for example, if you like your 2nd place design and want changes to it, you can send a private message to that designer or comment on his entries page asking for changes, and give him a #1 ranking so he can upload them. You can reset the rankings so other designers can do the same. This will help you make sure you get just the design you're looking for! Only when you declare the winner by completing the contest are the rankings permanent. Good luck!
14 years ago

KARyan said:
I would like to encourage all designers to read the feed back that is posted to a tournament, whether your design be the first or the last. ........

.....In closing, if a lot of input has been offered by the CH take time to read it and read comments on designs. Your doing so, while paying attention to particulars, will further your chances of a winning logo!

I agree with KARyan here.. I was scratching my head a few times as even the major details were missed from a few Designers in my contest (ie: I had one logo entered and they misspelled my company name?)

But to be honest - I think English is not the primary language for many designers - at least in my Competition. So, what I have found was very few active dialogue between myself and those designers from other countries. Ultimately the winner was from another country - and that Designer had the most interaction with me. It also goes to show that the quality of interaction between the Designer and CH will produce better results for both. A win - win...
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Gosh, I wish I had entered both of your contests! I find too often that contest holders can be very tight lipped with the feedback. I often want to start a dialog, but sometimes you run across those CHs that you just can't get any love from! Sounds like you two would be a designer's dream!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
To both Contest Holders

Bullet point form is best....long winded paragraphs just take to much time to read and English is not everyone primary language. Personally I prefer Point form direct and to the point.
14 years ago

EastCoast Creative said:
To both Contest Holders

Bullet point form is best....long winded paragraphs just take to much time to read and English is not everyone primary language. Personally I prefer Point form direct and to the point.

I have to agree with EastCoast - bullet form would be a simple way of communication too. But, if the challenge is English itself - I don't think the bullet form would have helped in some of my conversations with Designers. Very simple and short emails were at times difficult to convey.....
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231