Forum

End contest early button for CHs? **NEW SITE suggestion

Logo Designer
Is that an option already - or something that could be (or is being) considered? Just thought I'd bring it up since - presumably - an updated LT site is still being worked on.

I just finished a contest - and have had other contests as well - where the CH said that they would have finished the contest earlier given the option. I've always advised them to contact Ivan if they wanted to close it out earlier than scheduled, but on the weekends, it can't be attended to. Sometimes the CHs get what they want and need to use it for an event right away. If it's not already an item for update, could it be? Seems like it'd be a win all around.

I know this isn't a pressing issue by any means, just wanted to suggest it. :)
11 years ago

Logo Designer
- or maybe this could/should be moved to the "general discussion" area to have CHs weigh in?
11 years ago

Logo Designer
the CH can end a contest early at any time, Ivan is not required to make it happen but a big huge button would be a good option for them

yeah move to general
11 years ago

Logo Designer
Good idea... and moved to General.

But it should be backed up by an "Are you sure?" prompt. Could create a mess if a CH hits it by mistake.
11 years ago

Logo Designer
lol they dont have to contact admins if the want to pick a winner earlier. they just do it.

my fastest win: https://logotournament.com/contests/jjj_home_renovations ca 8-9 h after contest was created
11 years ago

Logo Designer
Rändi said:
lol they dont have to contact admins if the want to pick a winner earlier. they just do it.
my fastest win: https://logotournament.com/contests/jjj_home_renovations ca 8-9 h after contest was created

The CHs I spoke with said that there wasn't an easy way to do it - no button, etc. - they had to contact Ivan? If it exists, maybe it should be bigger / more noticeable? It should also be outlined in the FAQ - "Can I select a winner earlier than scheduled?" - "Yes. Talk to Rändi." :D

zrox said:
But it should be backed up by an "Are you sure?" prompt. Could create a mess if a CH hits it by mistake.

Definintely
11 years ago

Logo Designer
That would be a nice option.
11 years ago

Logo Designer
Add me with one... +1 I like Josh idea. Make it big in a very visible place.
11 years ago

Logo Designer
FLAGS

They CHs could win a flag or a ribbon, like our green flags, if they end a contest early. So if they start new contests we would see immediately this.
11 years ago

Logo Designer
dalmas said:
FLAGS

They CHs could win a flag or a ribbon, like our green flags, if they end a contest early. So if they start new contests we would see immediately this.

I'm not really saying CHs SHOULD end contests early - but sometimes a client gets the logo they're looking for a little earlier. No point in making them wait when they could be using it right away. (deadlines sneak up on you sometimes!)

And just because they find the logo they're looking for the first contest doesn't guarantee they will find the next one so fast. I think the standard contest time is fine - it's just be nice to have options sometimes :)
11 years ago

Logo Designer
+1
11 years ago

Logo Designer
Josh said:
dalmas said:
FLAGS

I'm not really saying CHs SHOULD end contests early - but sometimes a client gets the logo they're looking for a little earlier. No point in making them wait when they could be using it right away. (deadlines sneak up on you sometimes!)

And just because they find the logo they're looking for the first contest doesn't guarantee they will find the next one so fast. I think the standard contest time is fine - it's just be nice to have options sometimes :)

Ok, Josh... I understood your point, I've just had this idea related to this subject, not sure if it's good...

About the button, it seems nice. In fact I guess this is one of a few things that should be bolder for the CHs eyes. I feel like they see too many texts and don't read everything.

I know what I'm going to say now has nothing to do with this subject, but I think your work is really stunning. I love it. Good to have you here.
11 years ago

Logo Designer
Were are all the CH's who would be better suite to add value to this debate....Tyler will not making any changes that effect CH's without careful consideration and input from them..

There are a few CH's who would see the value in a end now button rather than dragging a contest out..these CH's know that "the grass is not always greener". However many CH's are new to this process and they want to feel that they are getting what is promised in the signup terms and conditions...this is why only a handful of CH's have ever ended contest early.
11 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231