Forum

Brtitish contest holders

Logo Designer
I have noticed a trend here with regards to British contest holders. They tend to offer the lowest amount of money ($300 is the max i have seen so far). For example $1,000 contests are usually offered by American, Canadians etc. I have been told the Brits are stingy but not here surely?
15 years ago

Logo Designer
where are you from gummer, Egypt ? you should knwo better, it has the uk flag under your name.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I am from the UK
15 years ago

Logo Designer
lol, i know ! am saying that you should know better why would they be not paying much if your bringing that to our attention. you are from the source.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
lol true:)
15 years ago

Logo Designer
'stingy' people exist everywhere.........:-) but so do 'generous' people:-)
15 years ago

Logo Designer
and sexy people!
15 years ago

Logo Designer
yes like me and bruce, we are sexy people !
15 years ago

Logo Designer
congrats bruce for being #3 ;)
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Thanks Daz, but not for long,
the way Scott's pumping them out, he'll be on top soon.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I think poms are usually pretty cool by the way,
isn't it the the Scottish that are tight?
15 years ago

Logo Designer
the pom's wont be so cool by the time the ashes is over.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
yes its the scots that are the tight ones!
gummer is right though when i see a contest held for $250 by a brit it seems too cheap even though the pound is not as strong as it usually.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
hey 250 in usa is like 500 in uk dont forget lol
15 years ago

Logo Designer
No $250 is £163 at the last check. If i ever see a British CH offering $1,000 (£656), i wille eat my hat...lol
15 years ago

Client
:-)

Odd thread - I haven't seen many contests at $1000 and even looking at the open ones now the average is $350 regardless of where the CH is from.

Maybe if the minimum was raised it might help but then again it may scare some CH's off and then it also depends on the business situation of the CH - a premium Vodka brand offering $1000 for a logo is getting the bargain of the century when they no doubt would spend significantly more by going to an agency without even blinking, whereas a net start-up with a pocketful of change LT represents a real opportunity to get a world class logo at a rate they can afford :-)

Something that might be an interesting feature is for the CH to raise the ante during the contest. This is certainly something I would consider.

Cheers

G
15 years ago

Logo Designer
as far as i know CH's can up the prize money at any time?
15 years ago

Logo Designer
gummer said:
No $250 is £163 at the last check. If i ever see a British CH offering $1,000 (£656), i wille eat my hat...lol

WHAT!!
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Cost of living in the UK is extremely high. Gas is paid for by the litre, not the gallon, and for a gallon it will set you back around 8 dollars. Unfortunately, a lot of people dont take every factor into consideration. I've lived both in the UK and the US, and can say with certainty that americans can be more generous with their prizes because the cost of living is cheaper, leaving them with extra pocket money.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
not to mention that 90% of the contests on here are hosted by americans so your much more likely to see higher prizes from them because there is more of them =)
15 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231