Forum

Logo Court and Designers

I know - this is a touchy topic. I just wanted to see if designers get scared away from a contest where Logo Court was involved in a copy of concept or design? Do designers get gun-shy and stay away from the contest? As a CH - this happened to me where one of the designers felt their concept was copied. Since then, very very few new designers and or entries have entered my contest.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this...
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Hmmm. There are a few things that will make me shy away from a contest...but a court case is not one of them. If you're not a copier...there's nothing to shy away from.

If the contest is filled with many, many similar designs because the Client is requesting the same thing from everyone...and wanting designers to play off each others' designs...THAT is a contest that I would shy away from. It gets super sticky and confusing. I also try to avoid contests where there is very little feedback...and days without ranking.
15 years ago

re-rank alot - check
lots of feedback - check
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I agree with peachdz9. Lack of activity by the CH (feedback, ranking & overall lack of participation). We are designers, not mind readers. I have pulled out of several contest that have these characteristics and I wish I had pulled out of more. Thanks for asking these questions, I will look for your contest in the future.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
try browsing through designers folios by clicking their names or going to the 'designers' tab at the top of the page, find a bunch whos style you like and send them a pm asking if they could have a go at your contest
15 years ago

bugy said:
try browsing through designers folios by clicking their names or going to the 'designers' tab at the top of the page, find a bunch whos style you like and send them a pm asking if they could have a go at your contest

good idea...
15 years ago

Logo Designer
also, keep in mind that there are still 4 days left in your contest. I'm pretty sure you'll find a lot of new entries will come in during the last 24-48 hours. believe me, by the time this is done, you'll have so many entries, you won't know what to do!
15 years ago

Logo Designer
yea there is usually a bit of a quiet period in the middle of the contest (especially longer ones 6days and longer)

for the record i went ahead and entered your contest =)
15 years ago

Lindsey said:
also, keep in mind that there are still 4 days left in your contest. I'm pretty sure you'll find a lot of new entries will come in during the last 24-48 hours. believe me, by the time this is done, you'll have so many entries, you won't know what to do!

Thanks for the encouragement and insight... Im a noobie on this site and I think it's great for designers as well as the client...!
15 years ago

bugy said:
yea there is usually a bit of a quite period in the middle of the contest (especially longer ones 6days and longer)

Thanks bugy for letting me in on how these work throughout the course of the contest.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I've never been scared off by logo court issues in a contest.

I typically won't enter a contest where the CH isn't eliminating designs. When you have dozens and dozens of slight variations of a few designs in the first few pages (50 per page), it doesn't make sense to start adding new concepts buried behind them, they just don't ever seem to be looked at or considered.

Just my thoughts.

Erik
15 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
akronix said:
I've never been scared off by logo court issues in a contest.

I typically won't enter a contest where the CH isn't eliminating designs. When you have dozens and dozens of slight variations of a few designs in the first few pages (50 per page), it doesn't make sense to start adding new concepts buried behind them, they just don't ever seem to be looked at or considered.

Just my thoughts.

Erik

Hi Erik,

Just an FYI on the CH's ranking page -- they have a separate box for new/unseen entries. So they can't miss them, despite with the primary contest page shows to everyone.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
No Logo Court does not scare me off, I think that LT has become far more civilised since LC’s implementation.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Above comment removed by ME :P ( reason : promoting another design on general discussion forum )
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Brendan said:
No Logo Court does not scare me off, I think that LT has become far more civilised since LC’s implementation.
15 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231