Forum

Ranking Suggestion - Second web ranking?

Client
Part of the power of LT is the strength of all the designers working on a concept.
As a CH I know what I like and my team likes, but not necessarily what the consumer likes. It might be helpful, if others could rate a logo (0,1,2,3) so I could then see collectivly what the outside opinions would be. These numbers would then be averaged and multipled by 10 so a score of 30 would be a very highly rated logo.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
thats an excellent idea!

its great to see a CH putting so much thought into LT and browsing the forums like this, most just take their logo and run =)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Good idea
14 years ago

Client
bugy said:
its great to see a CH putting so much thought into LT...

I'm an IT Systems Designer and software developer (among other hats) so improving software/systems is in my blood.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Here's something to consider. Unless the person voting is in the actual target demographic of the company or product for which the logo being designed...then their vote would simply register their personal taste/opinion. Everyone has an opinion...and people LOVE offering them. :) That doesn't mean it's actually useful information. They most likely aren't going to read the brief...know the objectives...etc. They might just think "Hey, that's cool!".....and the logo has nothing to do with what the client is trying to accomplish. Focus groups are usually very carefully hand-selected for this reason.

Just one of my many opinions. :)
14 years ago

Client
peachdz9 said:
Unless the person voting is in the actual target demographic of the company or product for which the logo being designed...then their vote would simply register their personal taste/opinion.

True, but the power of the collective answer tends to gravitate to the "correct" solution (Except in the cases where the stupidity of groups takes over).

To keep the interface paradigm the same, outside parties could rank their top three. Most people can't be bothered to do more than that anyway. A cookie could be used to stop multiple anonymous votes from the same source.
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231