Forum

Added Prize to Runner Up?

Client
Can I give an added prize to any of the runner up submissions? I see that one designer in particular has put a tremendous amount of work into it, and If I do not choose his/her work, I'd like to offer them a token of appreciation.
12 years ago

Logo Designer
sure you can after the contest is over.

i looked at your contest and too many comments in general comments area. We like to get comments in our specific comments area. just click on the design you like to comment or on the designers name, then those comments you make there will be hidden from others. And we get the email about comments too then. but we dont get them if they are made in general area and some people dont even look at it. So if they dont get comments on their comment area they can think you are not interested about their designs :)
12 years ago

Client
Randi from Estonia: Thanks so much for the tips on the comments. I didn't realize that you could send private comments to individual designers. I would recommend that more direction be given to clients about the comment process.
APE from US: Thanks for recognizing my thoughtfulness. If you shop around for a logo, you'll realize that $375 is a great deal. A lot of work is submitted that isn't either appreciated or paid for. I think that an ethical business acknowledges people's efforts, and there has to be more to doing business than getting the cheapest price. It would be great if logo tournament had some type of tab to tip or bonus the designers that worked hard, and listened to feedback, but didn't come in first.
12 years ago

Logo Designer
Please come back again soon Sammy, and tell your friends. We need more buyers who think like you do :)
12 years ago

Logo Designer
I second Ape's comments sammy88 and I am sure that designer would be very excited and probably blown away by such a great gesture.

I have come in 2nd 53 times and on only a few occasions have I even received a thank you so running across this post and seeing that there are CHs who actually appreciate the hard work makes my day :)
12 years ago

Logo Designer
that runner up prize thing should be built in and otional for CH-s to choose. sure most of them dont pay it, but if some does it will be worth it :)
12 years ago

Client
I totally agree that the runner up prize should be built in as an option. My contest is now over, Yay, quite happy with the results, but now it is time to give the runner up a little bonus. How do I do this? do I send him a message on the discussion board and make arrangements via paypal or something, or can I do it through the logo tournament website?
12 years ago

Logo Designer
not sure. maybe the easiest way is to contact directly to designer(s) and work something out. it is not allowed when contest is running, but if its completed, it´s ok
12 years ago

Client
Just to follow up, I did send a note to the Bronze winner because he had so carefully listened to my feedback and had submitted many follow up revisions. I told him that I wanted to give him a runner up prize and was able to get it to him via paypal. So, it can be done, and I think that it's the right thing to do when someone goes out of their way to try and please the client!
12 years ago

Logo Designer
if all clients would be like this :)
12 years ago

Logo Designer
You are the best Client Sammy....!!! :D
12 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231