Forum

2009 - 2012 Contest holder a litte bit disapointed

Client
When I had launched my first contest in 2009, I was very happy with the efficiency of LT. There was a lot of designers, lot of entries and a very high average quality of designs. I've launched several contests this last 3 years and the results have decreased at each contest. (https://logotournament.com/logobuyers/simple)

I've tried differents prize amounts and differents comments strategy. In just one year the average numbers of entry decreased from over 250 to just 80 (with a lot of variations), and then in my last contest after 2 days only 5 designers joined. I've made a good brief, comment every entry, invite dozens of designers by MP.

Most of the designers that I invite will answer to my message after the phase 1 is over.

I hate this new phases system, two years ago the system was nearly perfect. But now I am no more satified, maybe for the next logo I will hire a local designer.

Sorry for my english.

Anyway thanks to all designers.
12 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
Hi Simple,

Sorry your contest did not turn out like you wanted. The new phase system was made after considering client and designer feedback. Many older contests dragged on to an excess - which is demoralizing to designers.

Most contests still get a satisfactory amount of designs, or more.

The phase system does not work for all clients perfectly. Perhaps you could explain more why you feel the phase system has proven unsatisfactory.

LT limits designers because plagiarism is rampant when designers are not control. The potential for disaster to you and LT is very great.

Some contests do not receive many entries for various reasons. We can help on a contest by contest basis. The most successful contests are though where clients and mediators are highly active.
12 years ago

Logo Designer
what is more important quality or quantity?

i mean if you get what you like it doesnt matter do you have 250 designs or 25 designs :)

in designers point of view why i like the new phase system is that then you can less worry about your design being copyed. Back then in the last minute there was a flood of entries when contest was ending. Lot of inspirations from first ranked design. Some contest holder dont mind at all if designers are using each other ideas, But as a designer its the worst thing that can happen. With new system i can make my logos and if i get top 5 theres less people i must worry. No people who run into the contest just in the last minute.
12 years ago

Logo Designer
I enter almost every $500 contests!... :)
(under $300: almost never)
12 years ago

Logo Designer
Simple...

I've been a LT member since 2009, and over the past 2+ years I discovered and very interesting fact... While the contest prize amount is crucial it's not the deciding factor to enter a contest.

The reason some contests for 250.00 bucks get 200+ designs compared to a 350.00 is teh company name..that's it..for example a company name that has a dull or lack luster name will not see much in the wayu of participation...a comapny hwo has a cool or intersting name will garner more entries

here is a contest for 350
https://logotournament.com/contests/garden_of_eva
only 38 entries why it not an exciting name nor would it be easy to design for...generic icons would not work in this contest....which is why most LT members steer away from really putting in time and effort

this is a 260.00 contest yet it has almost 100 submissions with over a day left in open phase
https://logotournament.com/contests/wylink

why because it's technology contest and the lazy people will submit over used and abused tecnology icons

This is my own person opinion and it's pretty much 100% it's all in the name.
12 years ago

Logo Designer
Beside the reason that we all like to design, we are all here to earn money.
Thats the base line.
Bigger prize equal more entries.
Probability for good designs are higher as more entries get into consideration.
Also Some good designers simply wont get into a contest under 300$.
12 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231