Forum

Newbie question about withdrawing entries

Logo Designer
Hi. I am super, super new to the site. I'm noticing that in contests that are closed or winding down, most of the non-ranked entries seem to've been withdrawn by the designers -- even in contests that (I don't think) have violations or problems. Is that the recommended practice for all entrants? If so, why? And is there a forum post or other page on here full of Things I Should Know To Be A Good LT Member (aside from the Help/FAQ stuff) so that I don't have to keep coming back here and posting what're probably pretty dumb questions? Thanks!
14 years ago

Logo Designer
the main reason people do this is to keep their folio pages neat and tidy. i myself withdraw all entries except the one that ranked highest to keep for my folio page. some designers withdraw before the contest has ended if they think they dont have a chance but i dont have any idea why they would as the CH can always change his/her mind or at least rank you down the order so you pick upa point or two.

as for any other info, all the really important stuff is in the help/FAQ, the rest you will pick up as you go.
only other thing i can think of is if you have an issue with a designer / think you have been copied make sure you PM them first before you take them to Logocourt of denounce them on the forums.

hope this helps =)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Hi Collier!

Welcome to LT. If you read the forum often...you will learn much by default. And there are no dumb questions. Everyone here appreciates newcomers...and you'll find help whenever you need it.

People withdraw for a number of reasons....mostly so their non-winning designs aren't left on display for those so inclined to cheat and copy their concepts. Unfortunately there are a few of those on this site. Also...it is okay to "recycle" designs if they have not won 1st place. If something you have designed fits perfectly for another contest, you can withdraw from the completed contest and rework for a new client. People also withdraw entries to keep their portfolio page clean. If you withdraw an entry, it is also removed from your portfolio page.

Hope this helps. Good to have you on board!
Kim
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Hi Bugy...apparently I was writing my response while your was being posted. :) Sorry for the piggyback. I said pretty much the same thing as you did. What can I say...it's late. :)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Brilliant. Thanks, guys -- all good info. Perhaps the withdrawing-entries thing will become more relevant for me once I've A) had an old idea copied by someone else or B) have enough entries that portfolio-tidiness is actually an issue.

ETA: Oh holy CATS, I hadn't actually looked at my "portfolio page" before. You're right. Train wreck. I'll address that post haste. Thanks again...
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Nice work on the Propologie logo, you deserve that win.

-- Matthew
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Hey thanks! I hope so. Certainly a LOT of work...got a little obsessed with that one. There's still a couple days left, though, so who knows? Liked your swirly galactic clapperboard, too.
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231