Forum

Proper approach for final ranking

Client
Any direction appreciated. Should I not include a designers similars in final ranking, etc?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Well, the best thing to do is chose a design you liked from a different designer, based on your liking prefferences and which you think deserves 2nd, 3rd, 4th till 10th.

from 1 - 10, is where the most points at and should be filled with different designs for different designers.

anything above 11 and moving onward, is only awarded 1 point each.

hope thats helpful, and doing so, you are showing appreciate to all designers who put alot of effort and hours into your contest and appreciation and they will be happy from that.
14 years ago

Client
Does this need to be done before contest ends - or is right after ok?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Before contest ends, before you mark it complete and chose the winner.

During judging mode, just place the designs you like and their variations beside each other for your ease of comparison.

But once you settelled on the winning logo, re-rank all to give 10 different designers, 10 different spots, then from 11 and up, its all 1 points which is still good for most designers as it adds up, so rank as many as you could.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
after is fine
14 years ago

Client
during the contest if a designer submits two identical logos just with different colors and you love one over the other. Would you rank the one and then put the other in not interested or just put it lower in the ranking.

When is it preferred to put logos in the not interested or should we just rank everything...
14 years ago

Logo Designer
During the contest rank the logos purely on what you think is best for your needs, if the same concepts fills the top 5 spots so be it...

What we like as designers is when it comes to "final rankings" please try to rank separate concepts in the top spots. If one designer puts in multiple concepts then rank them as unique logos. If one designer puts in the best 3 unique concepts (unique meaning completely different ideas) then give them the top 3 spots. He has obviously put in the effort so he deserves the rankings. What we ask is to not rank the same logo concept in the top 10.

Good luck!!
14 years ago

Client
Ok that helps a lot. So just be clear, if I absolutley dont like something or I think they didnt follow my direction should I put it in the not interested section or just place them at the bottom of the rankings.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
not interested, that's exactly what its there for ;)
14 years ago

Client
thank you. I just want to do the right thing. I undestand their can only be one winner and seems like everyone puts in hard work to make this site how great it is.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
TYLER: we really need you to write instructions, suggestions, directions to CHs on how to rank entries and explaining the site system! This is something all CHs MUST know! Please!
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231