Forum

Why do designers Withdraw their Logos?

Just wondering why a designer would withdraw logos so early in the competition? We had a lot of entries and so it took quite some time to look at them all and rank and comment, by the time I got to some, they had been withdrawn. Also, I noticed when looking at previous winners of previous competitions, the designers who had silver and bronze had withdrawn those logos too??
12 years ago

Logo Designer
Often times, designers will withdraw their logo once they realize they will not win the contest. Designers will do this so they can "keep" the logo as their own and possibly use part of it in another design and do not want other designers to be "inspired" by their ideas. There is a very good number of talented designers on this site and they want to keep their ideas and efforts protected. If they are left on the site for all to see, then the ideas are open for anyone to copy.
12 years ago

Logo Designer
one reason i do it, is to see does client likes it or not. if he gonna miss it then he let me know, if not, then i dont have to think about that contest anymore and i can move on to another contest
12 years ago

Logo Designer
Artshow said:
Often times, designers will withdraw their logo once they realize they will not win the contest. Designers will do this so they can "keep" the logo as their own and possibly use part of it in another design and do not want other designers to be "inspired" by their ideas. There is a very good number of talented designers on this site and they want to keep their ideas and efforts protected. If they are left on the site for all to see, then the ideas are open for anyone to copy.

Interesting. If I saw that a designer used an idea from a logo I created which I kept on my portfolio page, even if it didn't win that contest, can I launch a logo court or just accept that because the logo didn't win the contest it entered, a designer can use that idea.
12 years ago

Logo Designer
you can only protect it and launch LT if its in same contest and both logos are availeable to see.

there might be some logos that can be protected every time, but i dont know what they can be, because in general logos have very simple concepts. and i dont think you can protect a concept from one contest to another.
12 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231