Forum

How to extend a contest?

Client
In the past you could set the length of the contest, as well as extend it.

Having been through this process before as a client, I was hoping that if I didn't feel I got exactly the logo I was looking for in 7 days, I could extent the contest, give extra feedback to the top designers and get exactly what I was looking for.

Now it seems the default contest length is 7 days and there's no choice for longer contests? (I set it for 2 weeks in the past as I needed to incorporate feedback from a few people who weren't always available).
Now the contest goes straight to judging in 7 days without the option to extend.

I understand it might make for a smoother overall process, but in my case I really need to extend the contest.
My comp is now in judging and there's a whole side of the brief that hasn't been explored yet.

I only reminded the designers of this 24 hours before judging closed, so they didn't really have enough time to think through the second approach either, so the competition in my mind isn't complete, and therefore I can't really judge it honestly without seeing designers taking a crack at the second approach.

Am I being too demanding as a client? If not, how does one extend a contest these days?
12 years ago

Logo Designer
You need to go to the "Help" link and contact admin from the menu there, requesting an extension, letting them know why you want an extension. Hope that helps :)
12 years ago

Logo Designer
You are able to ask for an extension of course - but I think your first ranked logo is amazing!
12 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231