Forum

Too much information?

Client
Hi all,

I'm a CH and am wondering if I've made some errors in my logo writeup which could possibly turn off designers from giving my logo a try? Just wondering if you are too specific in your writeup is there a risk that designers will pass you by? (o.k., I soooo don't mean to be rhyming. . )

I've commented on almost every new entry privately or publicly, rank daily and don't know what else I should do, I thought putting my prize at $550 would entice folks but it doesn't appear to be working. . .now, my contest is a 10 day one, and we are three days in, is this normal? Do most entries come in the last day or so?

Any advice would be appreciated. . .I would hate to come away from this with only a few choices, considering the prize amount I have hanging out there. . .Ahhhhhh.

my link: https://logotournament.com/contests/the_great_gorp_project_1

Any thoughts would be awesome. . .
Colleen
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Hi Colleen

The more information the better! The designers here thrive on feedback, it's the only way we know what you like. You will find the number of entries will increase as the time gets shorter. A lot of designers spend a fair amount of time perfecting their submissions before entering. Others also like to wait until the last minute.

Hang in there and keep giving feedback and you'll have plenty to choose from.

Cheers
Steve
14 years ago

Client
Wow. . .thanks for such detailed feedback and all the encouragement. . .I will reread my writeup and see if I've given too much detail in my description. . .then I'll be patient and wait while continuing to give feedback and rank every day.

Excellent advice.

Thanks again to all who replied, it is much appreciated.

Colleen
14 years ago

egg
Logo Designer
It seems tatude and Scmink already gave perfect answers :-) Best of luck to you gorp
14 years ago

egg
Logo Designer
I have just read you description gorp and i think the "problem" is exactly what tatude has mentioned. You asked for specific things which on one hand is awesome when you are dealing with 1 designer but when you have the possibility of thousands of designers working on your logo it kinda restricts things cause most of us do not like the idea of doing the same variations as other fellow designers which usually ends up in disputes and logo court cases. Still, ultimately it is your choice and i bet you will still receive many great entries which you will love .
it's just that :
1. you cannot expect a great variety cause you have put down extremely specific and clear directions
&
2. as i mentioned above, if you are completely sure the description you gave is the perfect idea for your logo perhaps it should not really matter if 10 or 1000 designers take part since the results will be more or less close or, at some cases, identical.

Even so you still have 6+ days to go and indeed most designers show an interest closer to the end cause many of us, in the meantime, are focused on contests which are near to completion or we might even be working on logos for your contest which takes some time before you see them appear on your page!

So yeah, hang on there and as long as you are sure about what you want and keep the feedback coming it should be fine. Just make sure you do not instruct all designers to do exactly the same things cause it would be pointless both for you and them.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
dont forget that can extend your contest at any time so even if it ends and you still dont think you have enough entries you can always add another week.
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231