Forum

FMK Competition

FMK
Client
All thanks for a great competition, I re ranked designs offering each of the designers a chance to shine. I can only say this was a great experience throughout which I would recommend to all. Thanks for the patience all designers showed with us I updated and ranked as quick as possible to try and help!.

Sorry for upsetting a few towards the end as I filled the top 10 up with the same stuff that was just so I could compare, I hope that now I have re ranked before awarding the win makes everyone feel better. It is a shame I do not need more than one logo as I could quite easily have used anyone of the top ten.

We tried to be consistent and not to chase off all the time in search of the new and disregard the hard work that some of the long-term contributors made. I believe in the end we made the choice best for us and it was a design that grew across the competition. Although we were tempted by some late arrivals, I believe the short-list reflects our final ranking anything in it we considered.

I would on reflection do one thing differently and that would be more aggressive in culling designs earlier but I was honestly so amazed by the range and quality I found it easier to rank rather than throw away all that creativity. I will keep an eye on this forum for the next week or so and respond to any comments.

Thanks again all
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Wow, I've never seen anyone rank that many entries before. Kudos to you. Someone scored a pile of ribbons in that contest I would guess.

Did any one designer get more than 14 ribbons? That's the most I have seen in one contest.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Great work FMK!! Hopefully your CH skills rub off on others.

If you haven't posted in the CH forum please do as the information you have stated im sure will help other CH's in the future as its info that helps both parties ;)
14 years ago

Logo Designer
i got sixteen ribbons in the S Systems contest, that CH ranked something like 160 entries
14 years ago

FMK
Client
Guys if I had realised how the ranking worked re ribbons, I would have moved fewer to the not interested side. It would be useful to allow some form of refine section, that would allow one design to be ranked but offer a sub section to allow the progression/refinement of that particular design to be also ranked against itself - without taking up a lot of space in the main ranking. This would de-clutter the main ranking but allow individual designers to see how different variations fair with the client.

Probably hard to implement but maybe for the future?.

To other competition holders I felt ranking helped us make the decision - the more we kept in the competition the greater the ability to re-evaluate designs and possibly raise them up the pool of selections as the choice grew and changed. I tried to reply to as many designers as possible but used ranking plus comments as the means of driving the competition. I think I would if we run a competition again do the same but be more specific in comments on designs we liked to speed the evolution of selected designs.

The ranking can be a bit of chore when it gets quite long 100 plus lots of screen scrolls but its worth it as it generates interest from designers, but be warned last two to three days can be very frantic!
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231