Forum

How to rank many different color combinations

Client
Hello,

I have tons of logos (you guys rock!) but if I don't want certain color combos do I just put them in the not interested column if I've already chosen a different color combo of the same logo?
13 years ago

Logo Designer
Hello EA help

yes you can put them to Not interested section. to make yourself bit more clear what you want. Not interested section does not mean that you dont like them it can be used if you have same designs in multiple colors. like you have. its easyer for you to move different versions aay and have those out what you like. But if you still like to have other combos as well, you can allways make a deal after contest ends. winning designer can send you other combos as well, but thats only if contest is over :)

As i see franky has been done multiple color combos. He will not mind at all if you move some designs away :)

Good luck with your contest.
13 years ago

Client
Thanks plasticity!
13 years ago

Logo Designer
Hi EA,

It may also help to leave individual feedback in in the designers comments section. Explaining that the color combos marked "Not interested" are not necessary or what you would like to see different. This way the designer will will know that the design direction may be right, but that you're not too keen on certain colors. We don't get offended and in fact it sometimes helps us. What's most important to us as designers is the CH's feedback. That's the key to getting the absolute best design to meet your needs.

Good Luck!
13 years ago

Logo Designer
Also the most important way to view a logo is black and white...displaying logo BW will actually show how strong the design is...all that eye candy stuff is used to make a bad design appear good strip away the ye candy and then evaluate the design...

Tip 2 if you download the thumbnail flip them upside down and backward....a tip from one of my fav artists Robert Bateman...he uses a mirror to to review his painting to show imperfections or out of balance design a design backward is a great technique.
13 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231