Forum

entry removed by community vote

Client
" All designer entries removed based on a community vote" What does this mean?
15 years ago

egg
Logo Designer
There is a recent thread with the same topic in this page. This is one of the comments posted there to explain

"
thats the result of a logocourt, the design was deemed as being a copy of another designers concept / design and all of that designers entries were subsequently removed form your contest.
i understand that it would be very frustrating for you as a CH but logocourt is an essential part of the process to eliminate those pathetic people who try to make a grab for the cash by copying other peoples designs.
"
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Sorry bigfish but the designs that were removed was a very close copy to my designs. with the negative space shark head. that was my concept and he stole it. so i put it up in logo court and the verdict was in my favor so all of the offending designers entries were removed.
15 years ago

Client
bgfsh - If you are no happy with this verdict then you can contact LT management directly and possibly have this verdict overruled. It happened in my contest and the removed entry was reinstated.

As it turns out this is not very popular with the designers in here but on the other hand it is your dime.

If you feel strongly about the situation and you feel that you have the right to have your opinion heard, along with the opinions of the designers, then by all means contact management.

PM me and I can tell you all about it.

Cheers
15 years ago

Client
Thanks for the replies. I did not remember which designs they were but i suspected it was something like this. Thats good to hear - otherwise some designers may jump in at the end with near duplications. I'm all for protecting ideas.
15 years ago

egg
Logo Designer
I am truly happy to hear that bgfsh :-)
15 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231