Forum

Question to Contest Holders

Logo Designer
If choosing a logo does it matter to you how many contest has designer won?
example you have 2 logos you like, one person has won lots of contests. other one has won few or none at all.
13 years ago

Doesn't matter to me...as long as the logo fits my needs...you should check out our contest...I'd love for you to enter a disign! Contest is...Elite Companies US, Inc.

Joe.
13 years ago

I am new here but like joe I am also only interested in who can bring me the best design and work with my feedback. I would like to give any new guys and everyone a fair chance. The trophies and points are impressive though and no doubt have an effect at the subconscious level.

Your portfolio is great plasticity, I would also like to invite you to visit my first contest https://logotournament.com/contests/mcreynolds_automotive and enter if interested.
13 years ago

Designers stats don't mean anything to me. Like Joe said it's all about the Logo. Check out our contest for CS Professionals.
Thanks
-Jason
13 years ago

Logo Designer
I need to chime in here, curious that JoeH and CS both have designers with 25 golds or more ranked #1
13 years ago

Logo Designer
Well, Scott, I think it makes sense that designers who've have already shown their merit and talent would have wins under their belts and win more... There's are newbies who win too. I did. you did....
13 years ago

Logo Designer
3rd rank in CS has 2 wins

2nd rank in JoeH has no wins

I think that proves he's not ranking based on how many wins a designer has...the top ranked just happen to have more (and one is Heru for goodness sake - he's the top ranked designer for a reason)
13 years ago

Logo Designer
We all started with zero wins.
13 years ago

Client
Doesn't matter to me... I think goal is to get the right logo. Sometimes the designers with less wins work harder for you. It's all about the right look and feel.

I currently have a contest going under Accessories Plus... Show me what you've got!

~ Mary
13 years ago

Logo Designer
yes, i didn't think a CH is effected by the number of trophies one has....but the trophies serve us as a tool for our ranking system, afterall, this is a tournament and trophies are used to distinguish which contests and how many we win. To me, personally, torphies are a motivator, to challenge myself to get up in the rankings, afterall, this is a tournament in which we participate in contests. And it seems i'm slipping a bit, time to win some more trophies :)
13 years ago

Logo Designer
It is my hope that CH's are swayed by people with Orange and Blue in their avatars....
13 years ago

Logo Designer
or red;)
13 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
Perhaps another set of stats would be beneficial - like 'past month', past '6 months'. Averages are a better indicator. However, IMO the quality of a portfolio would outweigh the number of wins.
13 years ago

Logo Designer
I've always aimed for a good 'win ratio' - wins measured against total number of contests entered. Focus on quality rather than quantity...
13 years ago

Client
My contest has had few people enter who are top winners. I assume two things- I am too cheap- and that there is something about my contest that was unappealing to them. Too hard? Too easy? The number of wins does not sway me- and yet- I am curious what a top leader would do. All that to say- our leader right now has one gold- one silver and 8 places- and I could care less. It is just an amzaing design.
13 years ago

Logo Designer
RetroMetro_Steve said:
I've always aimed for a good 'win ratio' - wins measured against total number of contests entered. Focus on quality rather than quantity...

+1
13 years ago

Client
Doesn't matter to me. I'm judging the logo.
13 years ago

Logo Designer
RetroMetro_Steve said:

+100!
13 years ago

Logo Designer
TahiaDesign said:
RetroMetro_Steve said:

+100!

no, it doesn't mean nothing,
you could have submit 100 different logos in one contest spending 1 hour each
or just one logo in 100 contests spending 1 minute each... who is the most efficient?...
you'd better show the average price you won or the total prize in $...
($500 logos are harder to win than $200!)
13 years ago

Logo Designer
its not harder :) if you have a good idea.
you can win $500 contest with overused swooshpeople too
13 years ago

Client
Doesn't matter to me.
13 years ago

Logo Designer
Hope you got your answers Plasticity, straight from the horses mouth:)
13 years ago

Logo Designer
hm
13 years ago

Logo Designer
Then why did you ask?
13 years ago

Logo Designer
A logo design is like when we listen to a new song and it just clicks. Likes and dislikes is unique to each individual. It makes no sense to leave a long lasting logo behind simply because of rankings...

Oh by the way I won with no ranking!

Simple
13 years ago

Logo Designer
simplydesigns said:
A logo design is like when we listen to a new song and it just clicks. Likes and dislikes is unique to each individual. It makes no sense to leave a long lasting logo behind simply because of rankings...

Oh by the way I won with no ranking!

Simple

Totally agree. We all did.
13 years ago

Client
I think it's interesting to see what level they are at but it doesn't matter as long as I like the logo. I actually root for the lower level ones. Why would somebody pick a logo they didn't like just because the designer was the top ranked designer.
12 years ago

Logo Designer
well seeing those trophies attracts some people. Theres many thing that can attract people :)
12 years ago

Client
Rändi said:
If choosing a logo does it matter to you how many contest has designer won?
example you have 2 logos you like, one person has won lots of contests. other one has won few or none at all.

The designer ranking or awards didn't matter at any point during our contest, other than our own curiosity. The primary focus when browsing and judging was the effectiveness of the logo, and the ability of the designer to hit what we were looking for.

This seems to be a very effective way to generate new ideas for a logo- THANKS.
12 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231