Forum

Should the logo include ".com" ? Can we get 2 versions of logo?

Client
Just started our company's contest and really looking forward to it...have been impressed in following other contests.

SITUATION: We are not sure if we should request designers to incorporate ".com" into the logo. We definitely DON'T want the ".com" on the website logo, but we think we should have it incorporated in the logo that will be imprinted on media kits and giveaways (pens, keychains, etc) as we are unique in our industry and most people don't expect us to be online as they think of in-person services when it comes to our work, but we are solely an online tool. So, we want them to associate with it immediately as being online and don't want to worry about repeating the name by adding the website address on different products.

QUESTIONS:
1. Which logo should I ask designers to create? The one with the ".com" or without?
2. Then, can I pay winning designer extra fees after contest to modify logo to add the ".com"? (or remove it, depending on which logo is selected?)
3. What would be the next steps to letting designers know about this?

Thanks for any thoughts, advice on this!
13 years ago

Logo Designer
imho, a using dot-com in the logo is a additional feature of identity, of course the logo should be able to independently. so I guess you can ask designers to create a logo with no features at first, and then you can add variation of dotcom placement with no extra fees since the logo is completed and you satisfied with the results.

good luck with your contest!
13 years ago

Client
Thanks, Trinova...appreciate your feedback and advice! -Susan55
13 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231