Forum

Some suggestions

Logo Designer
Hi everyone!

I want to give some suggestions which could make LT even better. In order to prevent copying, theft of ideas, dirty games ....

1. Is it possible to make design area private?
Official page to be public and visible to all, and the space in which the designer personally communicate with CH to be private and that only the CH and the designer can see and others do not.

2. To introduce the warning. For example, after the third, to be a member banned.
For example, if someone steal the third time upon the idea to be stricter punished.

3. I work as a photographer on the stock sites and I think that would be good to some of the rules applicate on the LT.

- The registration is required to scan passport or photo ID in order to clearly determine the identity of each participant.

- Ensure that all work copyright act.

What do you think about that?

Cheers,

Bordo
15 years ago

Logo Designer
All doable i guess and ok, but am against making entries blind for one another, doesnt help the concept LT is build on, either for designers or ch's, logocourt in a way helped to boot those who copy other concepts, other methods can be added in place, but blinding entries and all that non sense wont work good.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
i think he means just making the comments on each designers page being blind, not the entries themselves.
very interesting....
15 years ago

Logo Designer
she rather, judging by the avatar. sorry! =)
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Yes, I was thougt so.
Just to making blind, the comments, in designers area.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Another reason why the comments should be blind:

If CH personally contact one designer, and tell him what to change, because time differences, it is not possible to quickly response . And then everyone can see and to get before designer from whom to seek.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
yea thats a really good point, i hate the time difference with the american CH's (about 80% of them are..)
its a real pain
15 years ago

NZR
Logo Designer
yeah because the time differences I must wait until midnight to know our entry ranked.right bugy?our time region are close.. but other people are respond faster looking to our comments.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Yea the time difference is annoying - like you said bugy 80% of the contests are ending at stupid-o'clock here in Kiwiland and the last hours rush goes on while i'm zzzzzzzzzzzz!
15 years ago

Logo Designer
yea ive been staying up till 12-1 alot cos thats then the americans all get into the office in the morning and give me feedback =)
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Yea my sleeping has suffered since I joined LT!
15 years ago

Logo Designer
"- The registration is required to scan passport or photo ID in order to clearly determine the identity of each participant. "

Yes, good idea - I'm on stock photo sites too and it seems all too easy to sign up here if you've been banned, judging from the last couple of weeks.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
@bugy & catalyst - yeah burning the midnight oil is part of life now! ;)
15 years ago

Logo Designer
And what happens when someone give the proposal, that the people agree with?

And Is there any possibility that the design area make private?
14 years ago

Logo Designer
the same you guys, i stayed up late alot, i thought that was just me...
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Going to bed early... but in the morning :))
Not healthy...
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Comments area private is a good idea but making the designs completely blind would kill LT. As I’ve mentioned before there can only be one winner so why are the rest of us doing it, I guess it must be for the fun of it. And if we cant se the other designs then where is the fun.
14 years ago

Logo Designer
Comments are often used to back up claims in Logo Court so Mods would have to be able to verify these comments. Unfortunately, since mods can enter contests, this would give them an unfair advantage (not saying any would use it but it would exist).

Concerned designers could try leaving a comment on their first entry asking the CH to use PMs instead of comments (and explain why)?
14 years ago

Client
I think the timezone points are very valid. The Designer should get first crack at the suggestions. Maybe the comments could be blind to all until the Designer reads them.
The Designer has to click on them to read them, now they are marked read and visible to all.
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231