Forum

3 days left and nothing rocking my world....

Client
I have opened a contest 3 days ago and have 3 days left. I have gotten some great entries, but nothing really knocking me or my business partner out of our chairs. Should I be nervous yet?
13 years ago

Logo Designer
I wouldn't worry about it too much. 3 days is still plenty of time to get some good entries in there. The key is to give solid, constructive feedback and direction often. An active contest holder will generally see a lot of entries. You could also go through the designer page and invite some of the designers that you want to enter. - another tip… actually go through the designers' portfolio and choose a couple of their designs that you like. Don't just copy and paste the same invite from one designer to the other… we don't really like that ;-)

Good luck and have fun.
Dave
13 years ago

Client
Thanks Dave! Valuable advice. PS Copy and paste? Who does that?!?!? :-)
13 years ago

Logo Designer
Girls i suggest you to increase the prize, you are asking for an illustration logo, it really takes more time than the usual $400 would be more attractive for those designers who usually do the kind of thing you are requesting at your brief, good luck.
13 years ago

Client
Thanks Revotype! We are just starting out and saved for two months for what we're offering. Beleive me, we'd offer $450 if we could, but our business is not there yet. Hopefully we'll get something that's atleast most of what we want if not everything....
13 years ago

Logo Designer
Revotype said:
Girls i suggest you to increase the prize, you are asking for an illustration logo, it really takes more time than the usual $400 would be more attractive for those designers who usually do the kind of thing you are requesting at your brief, good luck.

With due respect Revo, I do this type of work all the time and it's "my kind", money is not an object there for me, I do it because I enjoy it. Those who are good at it and enjoy it, will join the contest, or have already ;-)
13 years ago

Client
Thanks Anna :-)
13 years ago

Logo Designer
Anna Art & Design said:

With due respect Revo, I do this type of work all the time and it's "my kind", money is not an object there for me, I do it because I enjoy it. Those who are good at it and enjoy it, will join the contest, or have already ;-)

Anna probably you don't need more competition there, also glassdolls if you rank one single designer all places people will not be interested because you are happy already, this is my suggestion, rank the best option in first place from the designer you like best then let the rest of the entries not ranked or chose a different designer in second place that way the designers might see you are open for more options, good luck.
13 years ago

Logo Designer
glassdolls said:
Thanks Anna :-)

You are welcome!
13 years ago

Logo Designer
I looked at your contest, glassdolls, but saw Anna's doing an outstanding job already, my chances would be too slim, sorry. Best of luck!!!
13 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231