Forum

LogoTournament or LogoSauce?

Client
I'm new to this whole concept but have discovered these two options. Trying to figure out what - if any - differences there are between the two. Thanks for any input. (I'm interested in an identity/logo refresh and am not a designer) Robert www.robertholland.com
15 years ago

Logo Designer
My first impression of LogoSauce (as a designer who just saw the site today when you posted the link) is that the preview pages for looking at all of the logos are way less user friendly than on this website. You have to click 3 times just to see a good size version of a logo. I mention this because it seems more obtrusive to helping you quickly scan through all of the submissions and sort them. And if they get as many submissions as they do here (i.e. HUNDREDS) that could be important.

And LogoSauce seems to have less rules about what you upload. For example, I see a lot of very ho-hum logos with crazy gradient and texture backgrounds that have nothing to do with the actual logo. This is in contrast to LogoTournament where I know the Mods do their best to review the logos designers submit and try to keep the preview areas clean of all that garbage so that all you're really looking at is the quality logo.

Anyone else care to chime in one way or the other?

-- Matthew
15 years ago

Logo Designer
bgfsh,

Logo Tournament has a strict code of conduct that is enforce by it designer base and Moderators. LT provides a positive and clean design forum to start a contest and it's strict set of rules coupled with MODs in place we do a very good job a policing our own...

Hope this helps
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Contests > Robert Holland Photographer

you made the right choice... the B
15 years ago

Client
Thanks for comments. Yes, this is interesting.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
And of course, the designers here are totally awesome!
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Not to mention very handsome and witty :D

Welcome to LT!

J
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I haven't seen ur pic yet Jason :P but mine is on my avatar :P or where u reffering to moi ? lol
15 years ago

Logo Designer
The level of good designers is obviously more here. I also hate the set-up of logosauce. Stick to LT.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I was a designer at LogoSauce before I found LT. I'm new here now but I have to tell you - it's way better than Sauce. More professional, more contests and a better way to show what you got.
Thanks LT - I'm stayin'.

- The Fatkid
15 years ago

egg
Logo Designer
Just checked LogoSauce now for the first time, sorry but i find that site to be wayyy too messy. And i absolutely hate the idea of designers commenting on other designers work, influencing clients, ranking "current top designs" and so on. And why is the K Mart logo one of the top 6 logos of all time??!!!!! Plus the system here in LT is much nicer and cleaner, i am 100% in support of Tyler's rule about not allowing backgrounds and 1 logo per post because of it.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
logosauce has virtually no protection for the designer, copies are blatant there, and as far as I've seen, and experienced, nothing is done about it. I'm also pretty sure that contests arent guaranteed, i only entered one contest there a while back and that contest ended up disappearing with no word.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
definetly Logotournament:)
15 years ago

Logo Designer
The only difference between the two is that LT is totally addictive and therapy is a prerequisite for getting some semblance of normality back in your life and you also need to retrain yourself to normal sleep patterns.
15 years ago

Logo Designer
lol brendan, i rarely go to bed before 2am these days ><
15 years ago

Logo Designer
dido on the sleep thing... I now have permanent redeye sindrome.. hehehe
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Bugy.... there is always Logo Design Contest Anonymous (L.D.C.A) Support Groups they accepting applications
15 years ago

egg
Logo Designer
bugy said:
lol brendan, i rarely go to bed before 2am these days ><

You are lucky, i rarely go to bed before 3:30 and i don't even take part in many competitions running at the same time, lol
15 years ago

Logo Designer
I'm faithful to both sites - this one for many of the reasons mentioned and Logosauce also for many of the reasons mentioned. Sauce is somewhat looser and that can be a good thing. There's typically a very friendly and supportive bunch there. With few exceptions, the comments are constuctive and supportive. Unlike Tournament, there is a good large view of uploaded image files (though that does tend to slow the servers). Conflict resolution goes on largely behind the scene and that keeps things looking pretty positive. And there is, as mentioned above, some liberty as to presentation, the benefit of which is to put things in context for contest holders with limited experience or imagination. Of course the downside of this has been mentioned too - a site with much less homogeneity than we have here (if you like that sort of thing;)). At sauce, contests can run quite a long time and that can be both a good and bad thing: contests with shorter timelines such as we have here offer rapid resolution and gratification but on the other hand, revisiting a project several times over a longer period can often lead to surprisingly fresh and insightful results which benefit both contest holders and designers. The long-and-short of it is that I enjoy both sites for different reasons.

(btw, check out 99designs too - a break-away of Sitepoint)
15 years ago

Logo Designer
check out logosauce to me its a mess
15 years ago

Logo Designer
just had a look at logosauce, it doesn't look much better than 99 (and 99 is a complete disaster)
15 years ago

Logo Designer
About the prize here in LT, is there's guarantee ? Said, i just won the contest but must have to wait again for several days for the CH approved the final design, it can take how long for max ?
But @99 designs we have guaranteed for 7 days after we upload the final design (no need approval from CH again), than the prize in to our paypal account. How about it ? I just want to ask, how long we have to wait after CH pick the winner, for the prize add to our paypal ?

Sorry my english not good.

THX
15 years ago

egg
Logo Designer
ong: from what i understand the same policy will be followed soon (if it hasn't been active yet) by LT as well. Difference here is that the CH might be given a maximum of 2 weeks to declare a winner - if he/she does not then the administration automatically selects the winner (usually the one who has been #1 till then) and transfers the money to his/her account
15 years ago

Logo Designer
LogoSauce didn't impress me enough to want to participate (I'm new here). I did a couple of runs on 99Designs and I agree -- that place is a trainwreck. There're quite a few things I'd change about LT if I could (I made that long, lonnnng, rambling post earlier), but on the whole, I'm seeing better quality work here, better management, and better/more interactivity from CHs.
15 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231