Forum

Design Etiquette Question

I like the font and spacing on one designer logo, but the graphical element of another designer. I don’t want to ask either designer to use the others as that would not be fair to either. How would I go about merging the concepts.
13 years ago

Logo Designer
There should be some way to work this out - share the prize between designers, or something. Maybe you can contact both designers + LT support, to figure something out together. That would only seem reasonable to me.
13 years ago

Logo Designer
Well fonts no designer owns however the graphical element is definitely owned by the designer, I would encourage the designer with the graphical element to give you other options with the text, be specific without directly telling him to copy the text element of the other designer. Tell him what font type you like, there are millions of similar looking fonts out there, bold light italic colour choice. Work with the graphical element until you have the text right.
13 years ago

Logo Designer
You're basically telling the CH to tell one designer to rip a design of the other. However, you do have a point that fonts are not usually created by the designer using it. Maybe it would be more fair to split the prize 25/75 between the designer using the right font and type layout and the designer using the right icon respectively.
13 years ago

thanks guys... with every thing I and my company does, we want to be ethical, fair and above reproach...
13 years ago

Logo Designer
Only a pleasure – with ethics like yours Im sure you manage to steer the designer in the right direction without copying others.
13 years ago

Logo Designer
southernharmony said:
thanks guys... with every thing I and my company does, we want to be ethical, fair and above reproach...

I'll add your contest to my Watch List! :)
13 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231