Forum

my experience on LT

Logo Designer
Sorry , but i want to share- LT rules! :) this is most awesome crowd sourcing site - community is involved in new designers recruitments, rank system - even if you didn't win you're still awarded and competing with other designers, slicing bars of style CH likes in brief, logo court! only thing i don't like - 15% thing... oh dear.. :) why not to take money from CH?
p.s an my country is LT - Lithuania ;)
13 years ago

Logo Designer
I don't know if I understood 100%, but I take your comments as pretty glowing praise for Logotournament and the community therein and for that we thank you very much!
13 years ago

Logo Designer
slavic said:
Sorry , but i want to share- LT rules! :) this is most awesome crowd sourcing site - community is involved in new designers recruitments, rank system - even if you didn't win you're still awarded and competing with other designers, slicing bars of style CH likes in brief, logo court! only thing i don't like - 15% thing... oh dear.. :) why not to take money from CH?

imo, 15% is reasonable with all features you said above.
how about 0% and your features is only login page. ;)
13 years ago

Logo Designer
Trinova said:
slavic said:

imo, 15% is reasonable with all features you said above.
how about 0% and your features is only login page. ;)

forgot to mention best feature- no refunds if <30 entries . I guess it's worth 15 % ;)
13 years ago

Logo Designer
13 years ago

Logo Designer
@slavic - now I understand you - you're speaking about the commission thing. You might be interested to know that Admin took it upon themselves to up the minimum prize amount some time back and that has certainly compensated for the commission aspect. Also, consider that if the contest holder had to shoulder all the cost they might just find alternatives to LT. As it stands, this site represents very good value for all concerned.
13 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
As far as crowdsourcing sites go (despite seeming biased) I think it's the best too.
13 years ago

Logo Designer
Ivan F said:
As far as crowdsourcing sites go (despite seeming biased) I think it's the best too.

+1b

I have participated at a contest in a different crowd sourcing site.....and now my 3 designs are stuck there since the contest is in judging mode.....you cant withdraw your entries if the contest goes in judging mode or its finished!!.....and its almost 1 month and i cant recycle them!! agrr.......
13 years ago

Logo Designer
Yes the results of working on both sides of this community (Designer and CH) it is pretty terrific. And has a very good justice system for conflicts too!
13 years ago

Logo Designer
My own experience is that I have literally wasted my time and efforts competing against throngs of other designers. I have made a lot more with my own individual business efforts on referrals for logo/branding, than I could ever see using this site. I probably create and sell branding at least 2-3 time a month along with my other services. Here I have yet to see any return on the time I have put forth.

For myself it has been a total failure. The odds are stacked against the designer and working for cheap and in my case, for nothing - is something I prefer not to do.

Please do not take this as an attack on Logo Tournament's service or the great designs I have seen. It just doesn't seem to make business sense for me.

So long and thanks for the fish...
13 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231