Forum

Question to designers: what is the best day of the week to end a contest?

Client
Hi all, I am new and plan to enter a number of company and product logos for companies that I am involved in. I have just started my first as a test run and thought that it might be good to include two weekends (started on a Friday and runs for 10 days). My logic was that many designers may do this part time and so weekends were good to include ... but ... I note that many designers don't enter contests until the last day, so if my contest ends on a weekend will I miss out on a lot of designers? If so perhaps I will extend this comp for a few days and get future comps to end on a weekday

Feedback to a newbie please
J
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Hi EggPharm! Welcome to LT! Regardless of what day of the week your contest ends on, you will get flooded with new designs during the last 24 hours of the competition. While you probably will get more entries on the weekend, we designers never sleep, so you will also get them on the weekdays.

Personally, I think you'll have more success with a short contest. You can always extend if you're not satisfied (though I don't know anything about whether or not there are additional costs based on the length of the competition). With a shorter contest, you'll probably get more quality designs early on, and you'll have fewer issues with last minute entries looking a lot like the highly ranked designs.

The key to a successful contest is ranking often and providing feedback to designers. The more feedback we get from you, the better your logo will be. Good luck!
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Nearly every single prize winning logo on this site has gone through a number of revisions, requested by the Contest Holder, before winning. If someone was only able to work on the weekends, you would only have 1 or 2 chances to get them to make changes/revisions. I think a lot of us design throughout the day (sometimes sporadically or in the evenings).

If I were in a Contest Holder's shoes, I would pick Tues, Weds or Thurs.
15 years ago

Client
Thank you both, this is useful, I am nervous about the process since the times do seem so short. I may try some different timing on the next one to see if it makes any difference. I am enjoying being engaged directly in the process

Cheers
J
15 years ago

Logo Designer
i think you'll find that the most active (and best) designers on this site pretty much check it and enter designs almost daily.
15 years ago

Client
EggPharm, Let us know what your observations are.
14 years ago

egg
Logo Designer
Hey EggPharm, are we related? lol ;-)
14 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231