Forum

Question to designers: how do I keep the contest "open" so that all of the entries do not look the same?

Client
Hi There, I have a few logo competitions coming up and I have just started on my first one. The site recommends giving frequent feedback and ranking the entries every day ... I am doing this and I will be glad to carry on if it helps ... but ... I am really worried that designers will end up following just one idea in a herd. That seems to happen quite often when I review other competitions. I came to Logotournament to generate new ideas from a broad global designer community (the idea is really great) but I am really worried that by listing out early favourites, I will narrow down the possibilities by stiffling creativity ... how do I keep the contest open so that all of the entries are not simply a variation on the theme? Perhaps I should wait a few days before starting my ranking process?

Feedback to a newbie please
J
15 years ago

Logo Designer
You might start by eliminating the designs you are not interested in...then stating the ones you have ranked are in no particular order...that you simply like them overall...and that as a fairminded CH, you will not reward copying. Continue to remind designers throughout your contest (on the main page) you are looking for fresh and unique concepts. You might still get a few copycats out there...but, overall LT has a huge pool of very creative designers who create original and conceptual work.
Best of luck!!
15 years ago

Logo Designer
Be sure that your brief is overflowing with as many ideas and concepts as you can come up with WITHOUT giving a lot of specifics.

The least creative contests almost always start with a brief that describes the logo in exacting detail. That only works for someone who knows exactly what they want and lacks the experience to do it themselves but it sounds like you want the designers to get creative. And that's what we love to do!
15 years ago

Client
Thank you both ... I hope that my brief is not too detailed ... I have no real pre-concieved ideas ... I need creative ... +++

Peachz ... I will put a comment up on my compo as you suggest

Cheers (and enjoy the weekend)
J
15 years ago

Logo Designer
And get more diversity ;)
15 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231