Forum

Do we trademark the logo, and what does license allow?

Client
My website designer said, "Once we have the vector original I could tweak it from there if need be. I assume that the licensing will allow for derivative work?" -- okay, really, I don't even know what that means, but it sounds like a good question.

Also, I'm assuming we take the winning logo and trademark it. Is that correct, and is there anything we need to know about the process?
13 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
Derivative works are editions or other products made using the logo or elements of it. The rights to the winning logo are transferred to you without limitations as to use. It is yours to do with as you please.

Happy Bee said:
My website designer said, "Once we have the vector original I could tweak it from there if need be. I assume that the licensing will allow for derivative work?" -- okay, really, I don't even know what that means, but it sounds like a good question.

Also, I'm assuming we take the winning logo and trademark it. Is that correct, and is there anything we need to know about the process?
13 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
Trademarking is best done with the help of a company or lawyer specializing in the field. Some clients have theirs on hand before they choose the final logo to be sure of their choice.
13 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231