Forum

logo files and designer contact

Client
I have a couple of things that are still not clear to me. When I select a winner will I still have the ability to contact the designer in case I have a problem or issue with the logo? Will I be able to have the logo in a format with layers in case I want to move items around or just use one part of the logo for something? Can I request to receive the logo in multiple file types including psd?

Thanks for the help!
13 years ago

Logo Designer
The answer to all your questions above is " YES " you sure can and will receive all what you ask for from the designer.
13 years ago

Client
Do I need to request this before my contest ends? Or after?
13 years ago

Logo Designer
just after the contest ends and you have chosen the winner, then ask from that winning designers all your requested file formats and anything else you want in specific.
13 years ago

Logo Designer
To clarify - the winning designer should supply you with any standard format file, multi color/ gradient, single color and black and white versions of the winning logo. The .eps file should have the layers in it so that you can remove items to use separately as needed - just request that the designer makes sure that these are enabled.

If you would like multiple versions of the winning logo AFTER the contest has been completed and you have recieved your files, then the designer will be able to quote out the cost it would be to create those for you as they are not a part of the contest parameters.

This could include various color combinations or variations of different text or slightly varied icons, (Example - your company has 'sub' companies underneath it and you would like different color combos for each with the department name swapped out - that would be a variation I am describing.)

Good luck!
13 years ago

Client
Thanks mgal. That is very helpful.
13 years ago

Logo Designer
Hi flic89. I just want to add to the above because you mentioned asking for a Photoshop file. You can definitely ask for one, but all logos must be designed using vector software (Illustrator, Corel Draw, Inkscape, etc.). So any designer who imports the EPS into photoshop can provide a PSD, but it won't have layers or editable text. It will be a flat file. If you want to edit the logo, you'll need to use vector software, but even then, depending on the logo, you may not be able to edit everything the way you might expect. For example, when we turn over our files, all text must be converted to outlines, so the letters will be shapes.

Just want to make sure you understand some of the details here.
13 years ago

Client
Thanks Lindsey. I am really clueless about vectors. But If i am going to receive various options such as color, black and white and so forth I think I should be ok not to have them in psd. As long as the layers are enabled.
13 years ago

Client
mgal said:
To clarify - the winning designer should supply you with any standard format file, multi color/ gradient, single color and black and white versions of the winning logo. The .eps file should have the layers in it so that you can remove items to use separately as needed - just request that the designer makes sure that these are enabled.

Just want to make sure I am clear. The designer will supply me with the above versions of my logo right? What about the watermark design? Will I get that too or have to pay for it separately? Some designers have included both in the contest. Just wanted to check.
13 years ago

Client
From quote above...

Just want to make sure I am clear. The designer will supply me with the above versions of my logo right? What about the watermark design? Will I get that too or have to pay for it separately? Some designers have included both in the contest. Just wanted to check.
13 years ago

LogoTournament Staff
"To clarify - the winning designer should supply you with any standard format file, multi color/ gradient, single color and black and white versions of the winning logo."

These are files you can request. However, PSDs are out of the scope of the requirements at this time. LT admin may make more specific requirements for designers in the future. Layering is a logical task that all designers should perform but it is best that you specifically mention it.
13 years ago

Client
Thank you
13 years ago

Logo Designer
see this short video it explains why vector is good :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mimv0xca45o
13 years ago

Logo Designer
plasticity said:
see this short video it explains why vector is good :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mimv0xca45o

Awesome link, think I'll send that out to all my clients that supply their logo "artwork" files lol :) Thanks for that post!
13 years ago

Logo Designer
:)
13 years ago

Logo Designer
generally accurate info and great stuff for any client or potential client to know.
13 years ago

Logo Designer
LT should make its own version of it :)
13 years ago
Login
Home Start on your logo Contests Portfolio Designers Help Contact Us
Forum About Us
1-800-300-3231