What LogoTournament strives to give Designers
- Great logo design contest prizes
- Fairness and the highest possible respect for intellectual property
- Recognition and promotion
- Professional, friendly community
- Respect all community members, but most importantly treat Contest Holders like they are your own customers standing face to face with you in the same room. The customers is not always right, and probably doesn't know as much about logo design as you do, but the customer is ALWAYS the customer.
- Do not publicly criticize Contest Holder decisions or attempt to influence them through anything other than your designs. This includes disrespecting the designs or skills or posting negative comments about fellow community members anywhere in the contest area. Making clients aware of general design issues is acceptable without specifically mentioning any other entries. Example: Logos with a heavy amount of graphic effects might be more difficult in print applications.
- If you have an issue with an individual, contact them politely through the private message (PM) feature FIRST. Do this before posting anything in the Forums.
- Private arrangements with CHs are unacceptable. (Example: offering free services if they select your logo) It is fine for a winning Designer to offer additional services outside of this site such as letterhead, business card design, etc.
- Do not post messages in the Contest discussion area regarding any entries, yours or others'.
- Do not post designs submitted to 'Private' contests on a public network. Please respect the privacy of the client.
- Basic rule: If you did not make it from your brain or a reference you own - DO NOT post the design.
- DESIGNS and CONCEPTS must be significantly different from designs already submitted.
- VECTOR ONLY - No Photoshop; use Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw etc. (Final artwork submitted in EPS with fonts converted to outlines)
- NO CLIPART - this includes images, silhouettes and other imagery from sites like SHUTTERSTOCK and images packaged in ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR, COREL DRAW etc. (even if you have purchased a user license)
- NO 'FONTS' (DINGBATS) that have complex images of animals, things, or swirl accent shapes, silhouettes etc.
- NO HAND TRACING OR AUTO-TRACING OF INTERNET CONTENT OR PHOTOGRAPHY Exceptions: 1) You own FULL copyrights to the image and have not used it before and agree to not use it again 2) The Client owns FULL copyrights to the image.
- IMAGE DIMENSIONS - 350x280 px or (width/height ratio of 1.25:1) in JPG, PNG, or GIF format.
- ONE CONCEPT PER SUBMISSION - Example: if you want to show a logo in red, blue, and yellow, create and upload 3 separate files.
- NO WATERMARKS - your design firm or other.
- IMAGE CENTERED - horizontally and vertically with sufficient spacing all around.
- NO BORDERS - we are building a clean and consistent community portfolio.
- BACKGROUNDS - White, Black, or Solid is best. Elaborate backgrounds (ie grunge, painted etc.) are allowed but not recommended. Do not show designs on buildings, vehicles etc. Moderators may remove designs that look unprofessional.
- Submit ONE design per site. If you are selling or submitting your unsold logo on another site, you must remove it on that site if you plan to submit to a LogoTournament.com contest.
- Submitting very similar designs to multiple contests on LogoTournament.com is not allowed.
LogoTournament Support or Moderators may remove entries without notice for violating the submission requirements.
Moderator Code of Conduct
- Moderators are nominated volunteers who represent the design community and greatly help make LogoTournament a fair and enjoyable experience for both designers and contest holders. Moderators are governed by the following rules:
- Moderators will not remove a logo entry in a contest that they are participating in. (A message should be posted in the Moderator forum so someone else can handle it.)
- Moderators will not remove any logo involved in a Logo Court case.
- Moderators will not take an action that could be interpreted as a conflict of interest, and must defer to another Moderator or LogoTournament Support.
- Moderators will be less strict in Designer forums.