What LogoTournament strives to give Clients
- The end result that matters most; the logo that you really want.
- Many high quality, unique logo concepts
- A Logo questionnaire that will communicate the most valuable information to the Designers even if you are not familiar with branding concepts.
- An efficient, uncomplicated selection system that makes it easy to organize the submissions to your contest
- Industry standard vector file formats so your logo can be used across many applications for a very long time
How to get the most out of your Logo contest
- Fill out the logo questionnaire as completely as you can.
- Set your contests prize amount to the highest your budget can afford. Higher prizes lead to more numerous and higher quality entries.
- Rank your entries daily. This will ensure the Designers know your preferences, and how you feel about their designs.
- Provide feedback to every entry, if possible, even if it is only one line. Designers can't give you what you want, if they don't know what you like.
- The more feedback and ranking updates you provide, the better results you are going to see.
- Minimize the selection committee to the most key people (no more than 2-3).
- Select a winner within 7 business days to ensure you can receive revision requests as soon as possible.
What is required of LogoTournament clients:We require that you do not ask one Designer to use elements or concepts from another Designer. The general rule is that, if a Designer was the first to submit the idea, they essentially own that concept or idea for the remainder of the contest. Requests or ideas you already have put in your contest Brief are fair game and open to everyone. Comments and requests that you post later that are your own original ideas are acceptable for Designers to use. Concepts that are considered obvious will also be fair game, for example: a dog & cat for a pet hospital, shopping bag for an e-commerce company, a tooth for a dentist, initials for a lawyer, etc.
We require you to select a winner within 7 days of the contest ending. Most clients have a very good idea of who the winner is before the contest ends, so in most cases, the selection deadline is trivial. We allow one time, 3 day extension of the contest if you need more time or additional entries from the community. If a winner has not been selected within 2 weeks of the contest ending, we will do a final follow-up by email. If there is no response, LogoTournament Support will select a winner and distribute the prize based on existing ranking, existing CH comments and/or community feedback. This policy is rarely initiated but is in place to maintain a high level of Designer confidence and participation in our community. Thank you for understanding this policy.
- Designers own all rights to their contest entries on this site, and can withdraw them at anytime unless they have won and contest and been paid for it.
- Copyright ownership is only transferred to the Contest Holder when the contest has been paid for.
- Designers are responsible for making sure their entries are significantly different from existing entries in a contest.
- Any concept or idea mentioned in the contest Brief is fair game for all Designers. The exception is if the contest holder has updated the brief based on an individual Designer's concept, which is against the Client Code of Conduct.
- Obvious concepts are considered fair game for all Designers, examples might include: a dog & cat for a pet hospital, shopping bag for an e-commerce company, a tooth for a dentist, initials for a lawyer, etc.
We take your privacy seriously.
What information we collect
- To create an account we require your email address, username, business or real name, location, and password.
- Users may also enter additional information to their profile such as bio and website.
- We collect overall information on our users through Google Analytics such as browser type, time on site, and ip address.
What we do with it
- We will use your email address to update you on site events such as new contests, or receiving a private message from another user. We will never share your email with any third parties. Passwords are MD5 encrypted and not even LogoTournament Staff can view them.
- We will never share your business or real name; we use this to generate a basic contract to transfer the ownership rights of the logo from designer to contest holder when the contest prize is paid.
- Your location, profile information, and contest information is viewable publicly on the site.
- We use information generated form Google Analytics to learn more about site visitors, and to improve the site based on these findings.
- You, the Client, are very important! Your active participation is the single greatest factor influencing this contest. Active participation by you, the Client, helps you get the logo design you want!
- What is active participation? It's updating the brief with more information for Designers to work with as the contest progresses, providing feedback to Designers on their entries when they're submitted, and ranking designs at least once a day.
- When you provide feedback to Designers, you increase the chances of getting the logo you want. More feedback = better results!
- Leave private feedback by clicking on a design. Feedback will be made public upon contest completion.
- Rank designs at least once each day – this will encourage Designers to submit more entries!
- Ranking prevents your contest from going idle! Active contests attract more Designers.
- Ranking gets your contest noticed. Unless your contest is Private, 1st place entries are posted to the portfolio page: http://logotournament.com/portfolio
- Marking designs "Not Interested" can be good. We like to know what you don't want – it helps us give you the design you do want.
- The first phase of the contest is the "Open" phase, and everyone can submit during that time.
- After your contest's initial "Open" phase closes, it will enter the "Top 5" phase; only the top 5 ranked Designers will be able to submit revisions at that time.
- The "Top 5" Designers are the first 5 Designers in a contest, not the first 5 designs.
- When "Top 5" ends, the "Judging" phase begins. The Designer of the 1st place design will be the only Designer who can submit revisions at that time.
You can get more ideas of how the site works here; simply type in the search bar: http://logotournament.com/help/client
Both color spaces can save into each other but there can be problems. Each color space has limitations. Most Designers know the limitations and easily work with them.
- Business name, slogan (optional), what the organization does in one sentence
- Industry, target audience, top three things to communicate through the logo
- Logo style selection: Wordmark, Pictorial Mark, Abstract Mark, Letterform Mark, Emblem, Character
- Logo ideas, additional information, links
- Images or Documents to upload
- Style Sliders
- Where the logo will be used
Pictorial / Abstract Ideas:
Give Designers key words or short phrases that they would consider as obvious ideas or ideas to use in relation to the design.
Example: Green Bear Financial
Key words (be specific if you want combinations): bear standing, bear walking, finance bars, trend line, circles, mountain, enclosed in a square, forest
Letters combined within a graphic element (eg circle, square, oval, free form - mention specifically which).
Free-standing letters with an iconic element
Combinations of the above
Shield (give examples of ones you like)
Circular with teeth (eg. seal of approval)
Circular with Rectangle split for words
Square / Rectangle (curved edges or sharp)
Text through middle
Flourishes - Designers may not use 'flourish fonts' or clipart to create flourishesImagery inside crest
Explain what you feel the character could our should be doing
Comic book style - Detailed
Graphic style - Simple
- As the prize increases so does the quality and volume of designers
- Your logo is long term investment in your business, and is the first impression of your organization for years to come. We are biased, but we think you should go for the largest prize package that you can afford. A great logo can pay dividends for years.
- Complex or highly illustrative logos will generally not have great results with a smaller prize package.
- wait 15-20 minutes and attempt the transaction again.
- call your credit card to inquire regarding the reason for the decline, there may be a specific prohibition that is disallowing the transaction.
- email Support and we can attempt a manual transaction.